Karl creates a bucketlist!

As soon as our first semester as Seniors in the university kicked in, I was immediately overwhelmed by a number of things that happened. 

The five of us decided to volunteer for the Freshmen Campus Tour as a part of our wake-up call that we were one of the oldest ones in the university. When I became the leader of the group of volunteers, I immediately took charge and became an authoritative but very approachable speaker to the bloc I was assigned at. 

I saw myself to these young, shy kids who seemed to be lost in the process, especially to a boy who wore his red high school shirt and sandals to the tour. He had a plain haircut and a big backpack, plus a UP lanyard with his keys. Something about him screams normal like I was four years ago.

A part of me believed that they, too, were overwhelmed about being in one of the best universities in the Philippines. A bit on how big and beautiful the campus was. The girls were gushing over Axel who was, unfortunately, teamed up with me and another ComSci student.

We were told to wear a plain white shirt and jeans, but this guy wore his signature white polo and skinny jeans instead. He had to fan himself now and then because of the heat in Los Baños. His role was to keep the bloc together and make sure no one gets left behind.

When the tour ended, he rested his arms on my shoulder. "Fuck, I'm tired. But it was all worth it."

"True," I replied. I drank the cold water we received from the Student Council and walked to our rendezvous place with the three of them.

"I can't believe how much we've matured over the years," he said. "Well, you more than me. I still retained my youth and charm."

"Shut up. You had your ego boost because of all the young women ogling at you."

"I'm not. I'm taken," he said, brandishing his smile and her new girl.

I decided not to reply at him and run to Paula and give her a hug (although she was a little bit stinking from the sweat). Candace and Marvin were still arguing about something (and upon listening closely, it was about food).

We went to SEARCA's Canteen since we were tired to walk to Grove, and it was the closest restaurant with airconditioning on it. 

Since we were all graduating students, it put us on the top of the heap when selecting subjects (and if we could Prerog, we would be the priority, thank God). Paula and I decided we should be superclassmates again on all of our majors. Candace, Marvin, and I took the same elective.

Axel was busy texting his newfound girl. 

"So, what are your plans this semester?" Paula asked.

"Me! Me! I have a plan!" Candace said, tapping her palms on the table. "Finally see the Oblation Run!"

Paula shook her head. "Girl, you'd just be disappointed."

"Me, I'll get my first flat 1.00 this year," Marvin said. "Karl, can you share some of yours to me?"

"No," I said flatly.

"C'mon, you already have a lot!" Marvin teased. "Aren't you running to be summa cum laude?"

I shook my head. "Nope. If I get all my subjects to be 1.00, that's the only chance I'd get to be a summa cum laude."

"Well, good luck about that," Paula patted my shoulders. "Me? I'm happy to just graduate with you guys."

The four of us had a collective sigh.

Paula swatted Axel's phone away. "You bitch, you're with your friends and you're flirting? The audacity!"