Axel needs a distraction.

A few days later, with the nightmares about Karl getting worse and worse, I decided to give online dating another chance. I didn't tell Paula about this because she was getting busier and busier on her work and she refused on setting me up with one of her female friends. Candace and Marvin were occupied on planning the wedding plus their jobs as well.

So, this was just me. I just hoped that I wouldn't make any stupid things on this date.

I had to do something to help me forget these erratic feelings. This could not be true. I refused to acknowledge this feeling.

All that happened was a drunken mistake. The conclusion that I had was simple: I need affection, or anything romantic related. That includes physical touch, of course.

I hoped I chose right, because I knew that I could bring her to Candace and Marvin's wedding soon enough.

I decided to play it safe tonight. She agreed on fetching her at the bus stop in Mayapis in Makati, where her workplace was near. Then, I didn't plan on doing anything and let her decide, then see where it goes after that.

Her name was Louisse, and she works for Human Resource in the academe. She had a refined jaw, plus her make-up highlighted the best parts of her face--her eyes and lips. She had her hair straight and thin.

She was, for the lack of better term, nice. I could imagine Karl--

Shut it. No Karl thoughts while on the date. I even played one of Kanye West's albums, just to spite his memory in my head. He hates Kanye West, after stealing Taylor's thunder on the VMAs. When I realized that even hate is a direct connection, I changed it to LANY instead.

She was already waiting on the shed when I arrived. I opened the door for her. She was wearing a normal business attire--a button down purple shirt, pencil skirt, and flats. 

She greeted me with, "Hi, Axel right?"

She offered her hand and I shook it. "Louisse?"

"Ah, just call me Karla, spelled with a K." She smiled and brushed her hair under her ear. 

"K-Karla?" I gulped. Of all the women I could meet, why the one with this name? "My name's Axel with an X."

She laughed heartily, which assured me that she didn't notice my uneasiness. "So, where would you like to eat?"

"Where would you like to eat?" I bounced back, and she gave a light laugh.

"I'm craving for bulalo right now," she replied. "Do you like that?"

"I love a hot soup right now," I said. "And I just know the perfect place for that."

-

"Goodness, I didn't know you're bringing me to Tagaytay!" she said, while we were waiting for our order in Mahogany Market. I was lucky to find a great parking spot--tonight was unusually crowded, with students and men in white polos and women in pencil skirts dined in the place.

It had a set of carinderias in a row, with plastic tables and chairs lined up for their customers.  The wall fans were turned off because the breeze was sufficient for its customers. The whole place smelled of both dried fish and pork broth.

I laughed, and I just told her, "This is one of the best places that I have tried."

"Well, who were you with when you tried this place?" She grinned. "Ex-girlfriend?"

I shook my head and gave her a mocking smile. Ever since our conversation while on the car, she did not stop on asking me about my past relationships. But, at least we were out of the small talk area. She was surprisingly talkative with all her words make a lot of sense, compared to the other women that I had dated. Except for Paula, of course.