Axel checks the Villa.

I arrived at UPLB around 10AM, and I waited for Karl in Cafe Antonio. I ate my breakfast here as well, since I woke up late and I had to travel from Manila to Los Baños. I bought a takeout for Karl, even though he didn't asked, but just to make sure.

He arrived a few minutes later. He was wearing a steel-colored denim shorts, as well as a tropical polo. I liked the pineapple color and motif of his top. He brought a drawstring bag, I guess for his essentials. He seemed like he never changed at all.

"Nice shirt," I commented. I beamed at him. 

"T-Thanks."

I wore my sunglasses and we walked out of the coffee shop.

"I bought you breakfast," I casually stated as I opened the door of my car. "Have you eaten?"

"Y-Yep. Thanks, by the way," he answered. He got inside and sat at the passenger seat. "Is this car new?"

"I sold my old car for a reasonable price, even though it was a hand-me-down from my dad."

"Oh. It looks nice."

"Thanks."

I rolled down the windows to get some fresh air. 

"Ready?"

He buckled his seatbelt and nodded.

-

 As Taylor Swift said in her song Clean, the drive was the very worst.

Karl's eyes were fixated on the road, with both of his hands had a firm grasp on the seat belt. He leaned his head on the side of the window. Sometimes, he would get his phone and chat someone, but it wasn't my business to pry.

I decided to play the Taylor Swift's 1989 to ease the silence. As soon as the first track, Welcome to New York, started playing, he tapped his foot and fingers along with the beat. I moved my head along with the song.

We were in Anos when Blank Space played.

Karl was mouthing the lyrics of that song, and I was humming along. And when the chorus hit, we both screamed at the same time.

I looked at him through the rear view mirror and his eyes twinkled, as if he was inhaling the song itself. He put his hands up and raked his fingers on his hair. He turned his head on my direction, and I saw his melancholic smile again.

"You never changed," I mumbled under my breath.

"Yes?" Karl asked.

"Nothing," I assured him. "So, have you heard Lover?"

"Of course."

I smiled. "Favorite track?"

"Cornelia Street."

"Least favorite?"

"Me! It's so underwhelming. Even though Brendon was there... such wasted potential."

"Current track that you love in Lover?"

"Daylight."

"Top 2 and 3 tracks."

"Cruel Summer and Lover."

I lowered the speakers so I could hear him better.

"Rank Taylor's albums," I challenged him.

"Damn, that's hard..." he whispered.

"Can I have a guess on your Top 1?"

"Alright."