Introducing my spin-off novel: Occasionally!

Hi, Roy here. Thanks for reading Someday I'll Find My Way Home. If you enjoyed this story, you may want to check out my new novel Occasionally! Here's what the spin-off novel is about:

To say that Alex De Gorostiza is promiscuous is a compliment--he's a 25-year old data engineer who dates a lot and gets laid often. He is not a stranger to the gay dating scene in Manila. But when he meets the timid Karl Medina--a virgin in all aspects of dating--Alex is instantly drawn to the guy's quirkiness and wit. Soon after, they meet occasionally--sometimes they kiss, or even more--and Alex recognizes that there must be more to dating than occasional bursts of lust and libido.

Yes. You're reading it right. Karl will be one of the main characters of this novel. If you finished this story already, then you might have guessed the ending already (or not! I like to leave surprises here and there!).

I guess I can say here why I decided to write the spin-off. Sometimes, in my spare time, I read some chapters of Someday, I'll Find My Way Home. You know, because I adore Karl and Axel so much. But then one stressful day, when I decided to reread it to destress, a thought came to me:

What if Karl actually dated in the five years of moving on? What would have happened between him and a guy?

And to make it more interesting, I purposely named the guy Alex--since, well, it's spelled near Axel.

And then Alex came screaming at my head, telling me exactly how his story will play out. It's not a coming-out story. It's definitely not a finding-yourself novel. It's more than that.

That same night, I wrote the first chapter. And the next.

So, if you've finished reading this, and you're curious about Alex and Karl, you might want to check out Occasionally! You can find the story on my profile.

- Roy