Karl travels to Makati!

After puking on the canal beside the sidewalk when we went down the terminal in Buendia station, I was on the top of my system. I even gave a taste of my breath to Axel, who was avoiding me even after I ate a Mentos, helped him cross the scariest pedestrian lane in my whole life (we would be dead if it weren't for a bunch of people crossing the street as well--all I did was join the crowd), and wait for a bus going to Glorietta.

My mother would always say to me whenever we went to Manila to put our bags in front. Provincial mothers would agree. I remembered her heed and instructed Axel to do the same before we picked and rode a bus.

The bus was full, so Axel and I pushed ourselves between people. The conductor shouted at us to keep on going on the back, and Axel groaned and whispered, "But we're only at Glorietta, for fuck's sake."

I wasn't familiar in any of these, and I definitely didn't sign up for this. I had to choose whether to push my bulge against a woman, or face Axel instead. I did the latter of course. I didn't want an innocent woman to suffer.

He leaned forward to me when a man tried to force himself on the back. My nose was buried on his chest. And putting my hands near him was a bad idea as well. I could smell the strong Axe smell mixed with a vanilla perfume.

As I saw my reflection on the window, my whole face turned red. I bit my lip as my feet were getting weak from standing up in a moving bus. Or so I told myself.

"Hold on to me," he said.

"Err, no."

"Then hold on to that chair instead."

"Don't dictate me, I know."

"You don't."

I made a face to him. "Whatever."

A sudden break was the least of the things I wanted to happen, but it did, anyway. Great. This one was for me thinking these things and jinxed it.

We struggled to get down the bus as we made our way outside. And when we did, the first thing I did was to check for my valuables. All still here. Meanwhile, Axel straightened his polo and wore his sunglasses. 

"What?" he said. I didn't even notice I was looking at him.

I shrugged my head. "Now what?"

"You ready for a big crowd? It's December. A lot of people would go around Makati, shopping, and just y'now, enjoy the vacation."

"How about we eat first?"

"Aren't we gonna eat your sandwiches?" He pointed on my bag. "I knew you brought snacks."

"This is for later."

We walked inside Glorietta, and the first thought that went in my mind was shit.

The walls were transparent, so natural lighting would illuminate the path. The marble white floor with black tiles on the edge was sparkling clean that a child was sliding on it (I knew it was weird but the child is cute, so all's fair in this world).

I looked over the mini shops that was in the middle of the way. I know I couldn't afford any of these, especially the charcoal utility bag, but hey--I was contented on just looking at it. Oddly, when we toured on different parts of the mall (I didn't even keep track of where we were going because of the intricacies), a lot were selling perfumes and bite-size snacks where we could eat while walking.

Axel bought french fries that he was hesitant to share with me. He said, "Buy your own."

"I thought you would take all expenses, since we wouldn't be eating at Vikings?"