Chapter 50

Kiara's POV

"What the hell is this?" I said staring at everyone sitting in the living room.

"This is an intervention Ki." Tyler said.

I turned and looked at him, "I don't need an intervention Tyler, you guys can leave." I said turning around getting ready to walk out of the room . Tyler was blocking the entrance of the living room.

"Tyler get the fuck out of my way." I said sternly. He just stared at me, still blocking the way.

"Kiara?" I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw it was the lady that was sitting in the middle of the room.

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Dr. Alyssa Craig, I'm a therapist and Tyler called me here so that I can try to help you."

"Help me with what? I don't need help, I'm fine." I said lying through my teeth. I know something is up, I don't feel the same. I feel depressed, angry, and sad all at once. I haven't been taking care of myself, and I'm sure Tyler has noticed and that's why this therapist is here. I tried to play it off and tell him it's nothing but it obviously didn't work.

"Tyler has been telling me that you haven't been acting like yourself lately. He also told me about what happened yesterday with your daughter and I feel like it would be great for me to help you overcome whatever is going on in your head." She said.

I frowned at her, "listen I don't know what you think is going on but I'm fine, I just have my days." I said slightly chuckling

I watch Skai get up and walk up to me, "Ki, I know you don't want to seem weak and you want pretend like you don't need help but we can all see it. Your not ok and you need to stop acting like you are. Tyler and Arielle needs you, I need you. If your sick, then I won't have my sister here with me when I get my first boyfriend or learn how to drive." She says as a tear ran down her face. "We all need you so please can you just sit and talk with her, if not for me than for Ari and Tyler."

I stared at her for a minute thinking about what she was saying and she was right I needed to get better, I wanted to be able to spend time with my family.

"Fine." I whispered, I heard a couple sighs and the tension in the room felt like it's been lifted.

"Perfect. How would you like to start now? If your not ready then we could reschedule." Dr. Craig said.

I thought about it and I would love to go up to my room and lay back down but I know I shouldn't. I guess starting now wouldn't hurt me. Plus if I start now I could get this over with faster.

"Sure." I said.

Tyler steppes froward and grabbed my hand. "You guys could have my office." He said.

Dr. Craig stood up and grabbed her briefs case looking bag, "lead the way." She said.

Tyler pulled me closer to him and started walking us to his office. He walked into the room and placed me on the couch. He leaned down and gave me a soft loving kiss, "I'll be in the living when you guys are finished." He said.

I looked at him adoringly and nodded my head. I don't know what I would do without him. He set this all up for me because he was worried and wanted me to get better and I love him for that. I He walked out of the room and closed the door behind him.

"So, let's introduce ourselves, as you know I'm Dr. Alyssa Craig. I'm 35 years old and I'm currently married with two kids. What about you?" She said acting like she didn't know some of it already.

I stared at her for a second, unsure of if I wanted to answer or not.

"I'm Kiara Whitehead, I'm 24 years old, not married and I have a daughter." I finished.
(Tbh I don't remember how old I made Kiara😭😭)

"Ok ok , tell me about yourself." She said taking out a notepad, she looked up at me waiting for me to start talking.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

"Anything just tell me whatever." She said.

"Um well, I have a degree in nursing but I currently not working at a hospital because I was basically fired, um my best friends name is tiffany we met in 6th grade and she's been rocking with me ever since. um I love to eat and stuff..." I trailed off.

I know I probably sound like a child speaking in front of a bunch of students on the first day of school.

"You don't have anything else you want to share?" She asked.

"Eh um I secretly like to sing." I whispered.

"Really maybe one day you will have to sing for me." She said laughing.

I did a fake little chuckle and looked down at my hands.

"Anything else?" She questioned.

Damn this lady, why she keep asking me the same question.

I sighed, still looking down at my fingers, "um my mom died about about a year ago."

"I'm sorry for your loss." She said then wrote something in her book.

"Thanks." I whispered.

"Do you want to talk about that."

"Not really." I said quickly.

"Ok that's alright don't worry, we'll just stick to the getting to know each other." She said.

For the next 40 minutes we sat in Tyler's office and shared things about ourselves. I'm not gonna lie, it definitely took my mind of a lot of things.

After our session we walked in silence to the front door. I opened the door and stepped outside with her.

"It was nice meeting you Kiara, I'll be looking forward to seeing you next week." She said.

"Ok bye." I said as I watch her walk to her car.

I close the door and turned around coming face to face with Tyler. He held out his arms and I walked into his embrace, holding onto him tightly.

"I'm proud of you." He said.

I didn't know what to say so I stayed silent, but it made me feel good to know that he felt that way.

"Go get dressed we have somewhere to be." He said before letting me go.

I frowned, "what? No ty please I don't want to go anywhere." I said.

"No Kiara, get dressed you haven't been out of this out the house in a while plus I want to show u something."

"But I don't-" I started but he cut me off.

"Kiara stop and go get dress now." He said angrily before walking off.

Hmph I frowned and stomped my way to our room. I threw on some sweatpants and one of Tyler sweater and a my all whites sneakers. I walked to Ari room but she wasn't in there so I walked back to the entrance arrive to see tyler holding Ari's car seat in his hand.

"Let's go" he said.

He placed Ari in the car and held the door open so that I could get in. Once I was seated in the backseat I buckled in and leaned over toward Ari. She was fast asleep with her little hands balled up into a fist. I grabbed her hand closest to me and softly stroked it. She opened up her fist and wrapped her hand around my finger. It was so cute I almost wanted to cry.

I looked up to see Tyler staring at me through the rear view mirror. He quickly looked away and started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

We've been driving for about 45 minutes and I still didn't know where we were going. Finally after driving for so long we pulled up to a large black gate that had the letters TK on it.

"Where are we?" I said.

"You'll see." He said.

The gates open and Tyler drove forward. A big beautiful house came into view.

"Holy fuck it's beautiful, whose house is this? " I whispered.

"Oh this right here...... this is our new house." He said.