Chapter 55

Kiara's POV

I gasp as I wake up from having a bad dream, I can't remember what it was about but it was enough to scare me out of my sleep.

"You ok baby." I hear Tyler ask.

I look up to see him looking down at me with tired eyes.

"I'm ok, go back to sleep." I said.

"You sure?"

"Yes ty."

He kissed my forehead before laying his head back down. He tighten his hold on me and drifted back to sleep. I looked over at the time to see that it was 4:35am and I don't think I'm going to be able to go back to sleep.

After a couple of minutes I wiggles my way out of Tyler's hold and made my way got the bathroom. I did my business than washed my hand and brushed my teeth.

When I was done doing that I made my way out of our room and stopped in Ari's room to check up on her. She ate almost 3 hours ago so I knew she would be up soon for another bottle.

I got her bottle ready then gently picked her up, trying to avoid waking her up. I feed her, burped her then placed her back in the bassinet. I took the bottles with me so that I could clean them before I started making breakfast.

After washing the bottles, I started on making breakfast. I took out the egg, bacon, sausage, and pancake mix.

I quiet ran back into my room and grabbed my phone and my headphone. I put my headphones in and made my way back into the kitchen so I can start making breakfast.

I know Tyler won't be up for another couple of hours so I had time to make him some food without him bothering me.

I put my music on shuffle and the first song to come on was Could've Been by H.E.R ft. Bryson Tiller. I haven't heard this song in a while so I was actually hype to here it.

I finished making the eggs, sausage, and bacon now all I have to do it making the pancakes. I know it sounds like a lot of food but Tyler eats like a he hasn't eaten in ages.

It was 5:28 when I finished making the 7th pancakes (4 for Tyler and 3 for me). After placing Tyler's plate in the microwave I started cleaning up. Once I was done cleaning up I sat down and finally started eating my breakfast.

I started thinking about the conversation Dr. Craig and I had at our last session.

* flashback *

"So would you like to talk about your mom some more today?" She asked.

"Yeah I guess so." I shrugged.

"Alright this is good! So you already told me about your relationship with her and how much she meant to you, is there anything else you want to share?" She asked.

"I- um..... I haven't visit her grave since the funeral." I said.

I watch her write something down in her notebook before looking up at me, "and why is that?" She asked.

I sat and thought for a bit before I answered, "this might sound stupid but I haven't been able to visit her grave because I'm not ready." I said.

I took a deep breath before I finally spoke again, " I know that it's been almost a year but knowing that I can't see her anymore is a lot to deal with already but having to see her grave again will make the slight hope that I have hidden deep in the back of my mind that maybe just maybe one day I'll wake up and she will be standing in front of me with that beautiful smile on her face." I finished.