Chapter 56

Kiara's POV

"What?!" I said.

"He called me yesterday and informed me that our father is staying in a motel that is about 2 hours away from where we are." She said.

I can't believe after all these years of not knowing my father, he was living only 2 hours away. I kind of didn't want to see him, i was happy with the idea of him not being in my life but I don't know how Skai feels about it.

"So um what do you want to do?" I ask her.

She was silent for a second before she spoke, "I would like to go see him." She said.

I walk over to Tyler and place Ari in his arms. He was silently questioning me but he's gonna have to wait until I finish talking to Skai.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a sigh, "Ok we could go see him tomorrow." I said.

"Really?!" She said excitedly.

"Yeah really." I said.

"Great! I'll be ready" she said before hanging up.

I sighed and turned around towards Tyler.

"What happened?"

"Skai I found our father and now she wants to go see him." I said sitting down next to him.

"And let me guess, you don't want to?" He said.

"You guessed right." I sighed and laid my head on the table, I was finally starting to feel tired.

Tyler placed his hand on my back and started rubbing back and forth, "you should go take a nap mama, you've been up since 4:30."

"Ok." I said not even try to argue with him because I know I'm tired as hell.

I got up from the chair and started making my way towards our room when I stopped short and turned around, "you want to lay down with me." I asked Tyler.

"Of course baby." He said getting up from the chair. He stopped in Ari room and came back out with her still in his arms but he was also wheeling the bassinet behind him.

I was staring at him until he finally looked up, "what? I want her close." He said as he continued dragging the bassinet to our room. I chuckled softly and followed behind them.

I laid down in the bed and pulled the cover up over me while I watch Tyler rock Ari to sleep. When she finally fell asleep he placed her in the bassinet and took off his shirt and sweats. He jumped in the bed and pulled me close to him, placing kisses all over my face. I pushed his face away, laughing at his silly ass antics.

I start to feel my eyes get real heavy when I heard Tyler whisper something.

"I'm proud of you." I heard him say before I fell asleep.

* couple of hours later *

The sound of the doorbell ringing woke me up. I looked over at the time to see that it was 11:30, damn I slept for a long time, I thought. Tyler and Ari were still sleeping, which is surprising since Ari usually gets up every 2 hours but it's been like 4 hours.

I heard the doorbell go off again and I groaned, who the fuck could that be. I got out of bed and made my way to the front door. Squinting my eyes at the bright sunlight streaming in through the living room.

When I opened the door Derrick pushed his way in almost knocking me over.

"Derrick what the fuck?" I said.

"I'm sorry Kiara I didn't mean to bust through the door like that." He said looking scared.

"It's fine, what are you doing here?" I asked.