A Scary Tanjirou

All four of us sat on our knees, talked and ate our breakfast that consisted of steamed white rice, eggs, and miso soup. Even though we were having fun chatting, Nezuko-chan and I were a little less enthusiastic than usual. We had promised to forget about what happened, but we couldn't, it was impossible! No matter how hard I tried it was pointless, plus because I was still shaken up by all of it, my hands wouldn't stop trembling and my food kept falling off my chopsticks! I glanced over at Nezuko-chan and saw her cherry tinted cheeks, memories of her warm touch and quivering body ran through my head like a movie. My cheeks reddened and I choked on my rice. Tanjirou looked at me with a worried expression.

"Zenitsu, are you-"

"YAAH! N-Nothing happened I swear!!" I accidentally blurted out. F%$K!! WHY DID I SAY THAT?!

Tanjirou arched one of his eyebrows, "I....was gonna ask if you were okay and offer you some green tea because you choked...." He insisted as he stared at me,

"You know what? You two have been acting a little bit strange, so did something happen...?"

Nezuko-chan and I both froze. Blush took over our entire complexion. Inosuke chuckled, "Oooh~ I know what happened!! Zenitsu and Nezuko were-" He started to say but I stopped him by taking a handful of my rice and shoving it in his mouth.

"I......Uhh-"  Nezuko-chan helped me out,

"Zenitsu-kun had another nosebleed!! She lied,

"Y-Yeah! Inosuke threw a pillow at me too hard and that's why!"

Tanjirou folded his arms and squinted his eyes, his iconic smile faded away and he became serious, "I can smell when you're lying you know."

I tensed up, Tanjirou had one of the scariest expressions painted on his face, I have never seen so serious, he's the kind of guy who always smiles no matter how hard you try to get him mad, so to see him like this was absolutely terrifying.

"I heard Nezuko scream this morning while I was making breakfast. Zenitsu if you did something bad to my sister......I will never forgive you."

Hearing these words made me break out in a cold sweat, his eyes were piercing through my soul, I've never felt so uncomfortable before. The room went silent until Nezuko-chan spoke up.

"Tanjirou, it's okay nothing happened." She nervously explained

All the eyes in the room turned to look at her.

"I.......I had a bad dream and because of that I subconsciously grabbed onto something to hug, when I woke up I realized I was h-hugging Zenitsu-kun, that made him freak out...."

I looked closer at her and noticed her cheeks were burning up. She's really embarrassed..... I thought to myself but to my surprise she held her hands up to her chest and smiled,

"Zenitsu-kun protected me, made me feel safe. He didn't do anything bad, so please don't be mad..."

I was shocked. I didn't expect her to say all of that, My heart was fluttering inside my chest. Then Nezuko-chan turned to look at me,

"Thank you."

My cheeks flared up and became bright red. I stared into her eyes,

"....You're welcome."

Tanjirou seemed to understand the situation, he smiled again which made me feel relieved, "Well, I'm glad to hear everything is okay!" He cheerfully said as he took a sip of green tea. On the other hand, Inosuke looked over at me and Nezuko-chan and laughed,

"Why don't you guys kiss already?" I heard him mutter under his breath.

We both went completely red, "INOSUKE I SWEAR ONE DAY I AM ACTUALLY GOING TO KILL YOU!!" I threatened as I took my green tea and threw it onto him.

"HEY!! WHAT THE @#CK WAS THAT FOR!?!"

Both of us started to argue, of course Tanjirou tried to get us to stop like he always did but it didn't work, Nezuko-chan sat there and giggled at the absolute chaos. Breakfast turned into utter madness! I can't seem to get a break from all the nonsense can I?