Love Sick

It was an ordinary morning and I sat at the table with Tanjirou and Inosuke waiting for Nezuko-chan to come downstairs, she was usually the first to wake up out of all of us so we were kinda confused,

Tanjirou sighed, "Zenitsu, did you see Nezuko this morning?" He asked, "You were the last one to come out of your room."

I shook my head, "No, I haven't seen her today. I thought she would be down here by now."

"Zenzuko is probably still sleeping." Inosuke scoffed, "I wish I was still sleeping...."

"Yeah, but this is weird." I stood up, "I'm gonna go check up on her."

Both Inosuke and Tanjirou said "Okay." As I went back upstairs. For some reason I couldn't help but worry a bit, even though she probably was just sleeping I still wanted to make sure she was okay. I walked down the hallway where Nezuko-chan's room was and knocked on her door,

"Hey, are you in there?"

No response.

"Uhhh, it's me Zenitsu."

Still nothing.

Huh? I wonder why she isn't answering me.

Her door was unlocked so I slowly pushed it open, and to my surprise Inosuke was right, she was sound asleep. Her blankets were pushed to the side as if she kicked them off in the middle of the night, and she was curled up hugging a pillow.

Cute.

I walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder,

"Nezuko-chan? It's time to wake up...."

She switched positions and hugged her pillow tighter, I heard her mumble something in her sleep,

"Mmm......You're really huggable......Zenitsu.....kun."

She went right back to snoring. My cheeks started to burn up and I could feel my heart fluttering,

I-Is she dreaming about m-me?

I slowly reached out and shook her lightly, "U-Um, Nezuko....chan?"

She flipped over and opened her eyes, "Oh.....It's you." Then suddenly she sat up and gave me a big hug, "Good morning Zenitsu-kun!"

As soon as her arms were around me, warmth completely took over my body. But it was much different than usual, it was like the summer heat that would shine down on your face.

"A-Ah!" I hugged her back, "Good m-morning!"

Nezuko-chan let go of me a bit to rub her eyes, "Is it just me? Or is it really toasty in here?"

Me, who was wearing a thick turtleneck sweater and a pair of pants was confused, "I think it's just you. I'm actually pretty cold right now." I wrapped my arms around her in a tighter embrace, "But you're super warm!"

Nezuko-chan giggled and hugged me more, "What are you doing up here?" She yawned, "Is it time to get up now?"

Then I remembered why I went to her room in the first place, "Oh yeah! I came to tell you that breakfast is ready." I pulled away and helped her to her feet,

"Come on, Tanjirou and Inosuke are waiting."

At breakfast we all just laughed and made jokes while we ate, but something started to worry me. I noticed that Nezuko-chan was sneezing a lot and she was also picking at her food. That concerned me, first she was waking up way later than usual and now this?