93: Secret of Two

Gon's P.O.V
Hunter's Association vowed to fulfill any of our individual rewards along with raising our ranks after we prevented the end of our race.

We just have to name our price.

Yukarin legally wanted to separate from her family after she paid them back with interest for the expenses they've spent on her when they raised her up, making her owe nothing from them starting from now on.

....

With a humble and generous heart, Tin only promoted their family business lines, asking no money nor any materialistic stuffs. Hoping nothing would change despite committing one betrayal upon the society that stained their family name. She just wanted people's trust and support back.

....

Killua failed to stop (Y/n)'s plan in the end and he was out cold during the war after she brought him back. People assumed he battled against her and that caused her damage as they felt the change in her, guessing that Killua had pushed her too far.

Guilt's still clinging on our backs but we didn't deny their assumption so he's therefore included as one of us— The last great defenders.

In place of her brother, Alluka simply asked for protection over her and Killua against their family.

As for me, I personally didn't know what to demand so I just received the money reward. There's nothing more I desire than having back my nen.

And although (Y/n) was declared dead, some hunters weren't convinced by our victory. They'd have different speculations since it only took three kids to get her utterly defeated compared to the mass of hunters whom achieved more experience than us. Meaning, they believe the fight's completely biased.

Few haven't overlooked the odds she purposely saved us for the last as she wiped off the entire battalion, showing that their efforts and sacrifices were futile.

Nobody has proven their hunches though.

The evidence of her leaving every beaten hunters alive wasn't enough to support their notions against us.

And the fact Yukarin, Tin and I utilised our nen to its maximum potential just to kill her had put majority of hunters to shame. We protected the humanity and that's that.

.....

Good thing we didn't faced Kite and the others, but I still feel bad for deceiving Zushi, Wing-san and our past hunter examiners for acting as a temporary antagonist..

Strong hunters were still in the dark continent expedition, including Bisky, Kurapika, Leorio, Hanzo, the council, and the others so we pulled off the plan smoothly like (Y/n) expected..

Hisoka passed through my mind during the heavens arena, guessing if he'll show up after a very long time. But looks like he's also busy with his own business. I wonder if he snuck in the black whale and joined their voyage.. That's so like him.

If they were to participate, I'm sure we'd be in pinch and I don't wanna imagine it... maybe.

But it's (Y/n)....

She's the most supreme person, powerful enough to even bring back my nen. If I'll be honest, I personally want to see her face all of them.

After dealing with the government and hunter committee, my friends and I started with our very own journeys.

Yukarin's off with Tin since they have the same destination. They just left this morning.

Yuka's qualified to be one of the examiners for the hunters exam, because despite being underage, she already exceeds their standards.