94: Battle Against Fates

Third Person's P.O.V
(Y/n) had already relinquished her soul, accepting fate's gamble.

The soulless female was no longer capable of attending her high-school graduation nor living her days normal.

It was the critical part of her grandmother's prophecy and no one's allowed to intervene one's battle against destiny. As much as possible, the sagacious old lady wanted to keep (Y/n) by her side before the bizarre link has begun yet the obstinate parents declined. And now it's too late even though (Y/n)'s mom and dad flew abroad just for the elder's help who's aware of the mysterious case.

The grandmother can only keep reading fractions of her granddaughter's future, hoping there'd be no signs of tragedy because she believes that (Y/n) indeed carries their bloodline's legacy. She pushed her daughter and son-in-law back home and told them to live like an ordinary family as usual, that's the only way to assist (Y/n).

As the head of their family, she'll have to monitor (Y/n)'s situation and keep in touch with them every after 4 days.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 2 weeks skip later ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Sorry... I have to give up my dream with you in college. I'll follow my family's footsteps as doctors instead.. That's the only way they'll grant my wish." She held her cold hand, gazing on (Y/n)'s dull expression, taking her time with their one last contact.

"My family has a wide range connection in world health association. They'll arrange a private research team to fix you up if I started living up their expectations...." Her best-friend breaks in tears as she bids farewell.

"(Y/n)... be strong.. so that by the time I get home, you can greet me with your usual attitude, bish. I really miss you.. and I'll definitely miss you more now that I'm leaving. My mom wanted me to enter college in abroad. I don't know of you can still hear me but trust me. I'll get you fixed, it's a promise."

(Y/n) was sitting like an empty shell, crippled into darkness.

"You're gonna owe me. I mean, I'm cutting off my happy social life and flings and focus on you." She released her hand, and hugged her tight before rising from the seat.

"Hey. Your father just called. They want you to get home and pack for your flight tomorrow." Andrew informs with a stoned expression, cutting the friendship scene.

"Such a brat. Is that all you're gonna say? Try not to miss me." She sighed, glancing at (Y/n).

"You know her matter's not something to be solved scientifically." He went beside her.

"That sounds unlike you." She placed a hand on her hip.

"....We just had an intense debate before and now you're contradicting everything you've said with this." He shifted his gaze on her.

"It's nice to be all romantic but it's not worth it if she'll end up like this. It's hurting me so much." She slings up her small, branded bag, sliding it over her forearm, and wearing it in arm-crook hook style just like a perfectly sassy lady.

...

He pulled the strap of her handbag bag. "I'm switching sides. You can be the con and I'll be the pro. It's her fate to be with Killua."

"What a twisted turn out of events.." She tilts her head low, smiling wryly. "See you."

...

"You're leaving without confessing your feelings to me?" He scoffed, acting cool as if imitating his idol— Killua.

...

"....It's not worth to be yours if I can't even help my best-friend / your sister back to normal." She flicks his forehead.