40: Warmth

(Y/n)'s P.O.V
"I'll go with you." I said out of courtesy, but that's just an excuse to have a longer chat with him.

"Eh? I'm gonna be left alone?" Alluka sweat-dropped.

"Never mind." I mumbled. I was scared to lose his sister again like before. I feel like she'll vanish if I let my eyes off her for a minute.

"I'm just kidding, onee-chan. I wanna have some short nap to be honest." She yawns. "You'll get bored by yourself so why don't you get some fresh air with onii-chan. Buy lots of sweets for me okay?" She carries her stuff in the guest room.

"I'm staying." I insist.

"She'll be okay. This place is secured." Killua sighs, wearing his coat.

He's repeating the past. Lowering his guard isn't good....

But we're not in that village anymore...

Even so, I can't relax..

No. I can't show any signs of paranoia. Killua's skepticism is dangerous.

"You're nice." He cracks a smile. "Then how about the three of us grabbing dinner outside?"

"Mhn... alright." She sighs. "For onee-chan."

"Hey, you're the one who said you're hungry." I messed her hair. Must protect.

~

*Time-skips, after dinner*

Mission 1: I'll patch up Yukarin and Killua's relationship...

But if fixing his trouble won't send me back home then here's...

Mission 2: I'll break them off so bad that'll make Killua resent me.

Love is an intense feeling but so is hatred right? Triggering him with that emotion should hopefully return me home.

......

If both missions didn't work out, then... I'll just make him remember...?

And if one of them is a success yet I'll still get sucked back again... then... I'll just play my fixed part to support them..

Is it really me who's in the wrong this time?

Was it Killua?

Togashi...?

Those patterns played in my mind while my body's soaked in this hot-tub.

Please... let this end. I don't wanna feel miserable anymore.

"Yuu? How long do you plan to use my bathroom? I'm gonna need it now.." He knocks by the door.

"Yes. I'm actually done." I rinsed myself up, then grabbed the spare bathrobe, draining the bathtub afterwards. Calling me with a foreign name puts me in discomfort, especially that he based it from his lover's name.

As I grabbed the door's handle, the black mask by the corner caught my eyes, reminding me to conceal myself. It might help decrease the odds of getting attached to everyone if my identity is completely unknown.

*clink*

I bumped with him.

He was waiting outside.

Did he want to use the bathroom that bad?

"Go on." I scooted away.

"Wait. It's been bothering me but don't you think a visitor should at least pay respects by normally showing your face?"

This curious and very cautious side of him really puts me in anxious.

"I'm sorry. It's just that I have a face that you'll regret to see. Please consider my mask, I feel comfortable with it." I speak beneath it.

"I see... but you're the one I'm searching for right? Can you fill this void in me now?" He casually asks.

That's too vague.

If it's about his lost memories, then he'll just have to give up for it.

"Of course. But it won't be an instant. You just have to let time pass while I do my own business to remove the void in you."

Please don't ask how..

"Mysterious words are fitting for a strange girl. Fine. I'll be expecting then. However, if you failed to do so..." He leaned on my ear, cornering me to the wall. "I will rip you open and expose your true identity."

Such level of animosity.

My skin's crawling because of his aura. Nonetheless, I feel alright after getting a taste of his intimidation in the past.

"Your relationship with her doesn't need to cool off because I'm here now. Feel free to do your will."

"She and I had a promise. We'll only get back together after I've regained what I've lost then." His icy gaze could freeze my heart.

"Calm down. She'll change her mind once I talk with her." My trembling hand lands over his chest.

"You don't have to meddle with my personal relationship, unless it got something to do with fixing me."

"Yes."

He sighs and pulls away, loosening his muscles. "Do it your way then— Also, stop distancing your eyes from me.."

.....

You tried scaring me off, plus, if I stared at you, I'm afraid you'll see through my facade..

"Yuu." He nears himself.

"...."

I wanna push him off but my body won't allow me....

Deep inside, my heart's voluntarily giving in...

His scent makes my knees weak.

I wanted to feel his touch...

I want his warmth enveloping me...

....

I wanna stay close like this for just another minute.

But I can't!!

I can't feel like this!!

"Onii-chan! Don't bully her! It'll be terrible if you get busted out of the ceiling." Alluka fetched me away, leading me to the other room.

Killua's P.O.V
"Me, getting blasted out of my place? Talk about the impossible."

....

Right... she'll give me what I needed so I guess she got some enough power.

.....

I wanted to know why she's the person I'm seeking for...

What was it that made me this way?

Just who is she?

Looks like she sees me far from a stranger even though we just met recently.

I clutched my shirt to my chest.

Her palm was nostalgically warm...

To be continued...