Familiar face

Two long weeks go by the same routine everyday get up, shower, get dressed, do your chores before the awkwardly formal interaction with the commander. Each day he dismisses you without even looking in your direction, every time feeling a sharp jab to the chest. 'He's such a jerk, pretending like I don't even exist.' Today is just like the others heading towards his office for the daily check in, opening the door noticing he is talking to a group of new workers giving orders, slipping in hiding towards the back of the room.

One of the workers speaks up asking a question the voice making you quake, immediately recognizing that voice 'it couldn't be, why would it, there's no way. That's not him don't be stupid.' Kylo dismisses them as they turn walking out passing straight by you, a familiar face glances at your own. The face staring at you before twisting a smile across it, darting your gaze down breaking the connection with none other than James.

Once they've walked out of the room finding yourself shaking you hadn't ever thought you'd see him again 'why is he here... I don't understand.' Kylo's voice pulling you out of your thoughts "(y/n) I said you can leave, you are dismissed." Dry crackly voice you respond "yes, sor.. sorry sir I'm going." He stops you "is everything okay?" Screaming inside your head 'no, nothing is okay! You've ignored me for two weeks and now my crap ex is working at the same base as me.' Not looking up at him answering "yep, everything's fine." Before leaving not giving him the chance to read further into it.

Rushing down the halls towards your room running inside it breathing fast, holding tightly against the door hearing a knock startling you. Trying to compose yourself opening it gasping as James comes striding in not even waiting for a welcome "fancy seeing you here, I heard you got transferred but I didn't know it was somewhere so cool." Crossing your arms, saying "yeah it was cool." He walks uncomfortably close to you before running his fingers along your face "I must admit how I've missed you; the first order is treating you well you look so good." Jerking your face and stepping back harshly saying , "can't say the feeling is mutual."

He moves towards you again not allowing room enough to bolt saying "aww come on beautiful, you know you missed me. And if you didn't you will before too long, can't resist all of this forever." Pushing him back roughly "you need to leave; I don't miss you and I won't ever. Besides, I've met someone new and he'd kick your ass if he saw you in here." Laughing he says "okay relax damn, I'm just messing with you. You know I meant no harm; I'm going but I hope to see you around after all I'm staying only a few rooms down." Winking before turning and leaving, once out of the room huffing thinking 'can things get any worse!'

Staying locked up inside your room until time to turn down Kylo's quarters, walking quickly towards his room glancing over your shoulder ever so often before reaching his room entering the passcode, rushing in. 'I hate feeling so trapped, I don't want to be around James and I definitely don't want to be around Kylo.' Absent minded preparing his bed before starting his bath, finished slouching down into a chair in his room 'I know I need to leave but I don't want to run into James. It's only a matter of time before he realizes I'm not actually seeing anyone... at least not anymore.'

Just then the door opens with the sound of boots now crossing the marble floor, he stops at the entrance to his bedroom covered face reading you. Standing you say, "I was just leaving, my apologies." Heading towards the door sliding between him and the frame almost through, he raises his arm stopping you the low hum of his voice "there is something bothering you, I can tell." Breathing hard leaning as far against the wall you can before saying sarcastically "well obviously commander, only a few weeks ago you were treating me like a lover and now I'm a stranger. Not to mention your new employee..." stopping yourself saying, "never mind, it doesn't matter can you please let me leave."

Moving his hands to his helmet taking it off, enchanting you to stare at his beautiful face before saying "I will let you go if that is what you want, but before you go I must tell you this is the first real alone time we've had. Hux did tell Snoke about you and I was warned if I continued, he would kill you I had no choice please believe me acting like you do not matter is tearing me apart. Also, what about one of my employee's?" Tensing up, tears swelling in your eyes "you could have found a way to tell me that, you know how scared I am to begin with and you just drop me like I'm nothing.." swiftly his face presses into yours stealing a deep kiss before saying "you aren't nothing, you are everything to me I'm sorry."

Shaking falling against his chest crying "quit filling my head with fabrications Kylo... I don't need this especially not today." His hand lifting your face to look at him "what happened today, what aren't you telling me." Jerking your face away "nothing it doesn't matter; I need to head back to my own quarter's." He steps back allowing you to break free, heading towards the door each step feels like jelly the burning tears falling from your face 'I need to leave I know that, but I don't exactly feel safe back in my room currently.' Turning around broken voice you speak "I'm only going to ask this once but please don't read further into it, I saw someone today I never had any intention of seeing again. Don't ask because I won't tell you who, but honestly I don't want to stay in my own room tonight... is there any way I can stay with you no strings attached..." softly he says "yes of course, I will sleep on the floor you take the bed your comfort is far more important than mine. Get comfortable I am going to take my bath I will send a droid to collect some night clothes for you, I won't bother you any further tonight."

He walks into the bathroom shutting the door behind him, instantly your body relaxes walking back into his bedroom plopping down onto his bed. Twenty minutes go by before you hear the hatch door swing open, your droid comes rolling in holding multiple pairs of night clothes as it sets them on the edge of the bed patting the top a few times then turning and rolling out. Laughing at the cuteness of it rummaging through the pile noticing he did not grab anything matching or comfortable, multiple pairs of see through night shirts and one pair of entirely too short, shorts. Rolling your eyes, choosing the least sheer top before quickly changing not sure when Kylo will come out of the bathroom. Climbing into the big bed laying on the right side pulling the covers up tightly around you, you've missed this bed more than you'd like to admit lying there for a long time finally drifting off to sleep.