Mr. Brightside

"Come on Y/N it will be fun! You never come to parties." My friends tries to convince me to go to a party with her. I could tell she was very determined today so I figured I would have no chance on winning this fight. "Urgh fine but this will not become a regular thing." I say pointing at her making sure she heard me. "Ok ok fine." She says with her hands up in surrender. When we reach the house I ask my friend dreading my awkward interactions I'm going to have tonight, "Please tell me the host has a cat or dog I can hang out with." My friend just looks at me with the 😒face. When we enter the house my friend shouts  over the music "Now go have some fun!" Before I could respond she runs off to who knows where, and I'm left to fend for myself. I instantly wonder off to places I may find an animal friend. But everywhere I went there were so many people that my social anxiety got the best of me. I finally gave up and sat at the side of one of the steps of the staircase. I was just sitting there on my phone texting my friend asking where she disappeared off to. Someone then out of the blue cane to sit next to me. At first I thought it was some creepy dude and was about to ask him to piss of but when I looked up it was a girl. She looked friendly so I stopped myself. "So not so much of a party girl?" She asks. "Nope my friend dragged me here and then ditched me." I say sighing. "Do you know if the host has a pet?" I ask wanting to hang out with an animal so no could judge me too hard. "..Not that I know of.🤷🏻‍♀️" she paused at the beginning but I didn't question it. At this point I could care less what this girl thought of me so I started to complain. "Urgh wish they played better music😒 but I guess when people are drunk they could care less about the music." I was looking into the crowd still trying to look for my friend so I didn't look at her for an response. I finally spot my friend looking for someone. "Hey (your friend's name)! " I try my best to shout out for her. My friend didn't hear me so the girl beside me helped by calling her. She was louder so my friend heard it and looked up that stairs and spotted me. She came up to me and then her next words made me blush in embarrassment "Oh hey! I was gonna introduce you but I guess you found her first." "This is the host Marthe, Marthe, this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Marthe." When she said that I covered my face in embarrassment. I then turned to Marthe and apologise profusely. "I'm so sorry I did not know this was your party." She then reassures me that it's fine "you can give me tips on how to throw a better party next time😉." Marthe then passes me her phone "Here choose the next song." I gave her a shocked look which quickly turned into a slight evil look. My friend notices this and says "Omg Y/N please don't play what I think your gonna play!" I just give her an evil look. "Time to test how drunk everyone is😏." I then play Mr. Brightside by The Killers. As the song starts to play I see Marthe look at me as if I am her soulmate. I look at her weird at first. And I also notice pretty much nobody leaves the party so clearly at this point we can play any song and no one would leave. "Did you know I'm known to play Mr. Brightside at parties?" I look at her weird thinking who would do that but then I remind myself oh yea, me. "No..I just met you like 2 hours ago.." I then notice a sparkle in her eyes. "Wanna go to my room and share music? Also I have a cat named Billy up there.😉" she already got my attention with a place where we could escape the crowd and the cat convinced me even more. "Don't you have to be down here though? Being the host and all?" I ask. "Nah. Like you said before their too drunk anyways." I then smirk at that. Marthe turns to my friend and says "Here you can control the music now." and with that we both went up to her room to chill together❤️.