Gizmo

Marthe recently has been having a few bad days and I've been looking through animal shelters for cats recently. I know Marthe wants to get a cat sooner or later so I figured I would make it sooner. Usually Marthe would wake up at a very early hour and I would sleep in for a few more hours. But last night we stayed up having a movie marathon where I fell asleep first as usual. But this morning I put in the effort to wake up earlier then I ever have, I slowly and quietly got out of Marthe's embrace almost waking her up. I then write a note that said I went to the store on the night stand in case she woke up before I got home. I quietly got ready and left the house. I had called the animal shelter the day before when I saw a kitten up for adoption. She looked adorable and her personality would match Marthe's perfectly so I called so they could reserve her for us. When I got there they had just opened but because I had called they had her ready for me to take home. I visited the small shop at the shelter and bought some of the basic needs, I was planing to drag Marthe out of bed later today to get her treats and toys. "What will you be naming her?" One of the employee's ask me as I'm signing the adoption papers. "Oh well I'll discuss the name with my girlfriend." I say without a second thought. I then realise what I said and was afraid what she would say to me but when I looked at her she just smiled at me. "Aww that's so sweet!" She says which at first catches me off guard but then I breathe out a sigh of relief. Part of me was still afraid of people's judgments but I was getting better at ignoring the bad comments. After all the paper work was done I got the kitten and all the basic needs and got in my car. As I was driving I kept hearing the kitten meowing so instead of trying to ignore her I took her out of her cage. I put her on my lap and only let her when at traffic lights, eventually she fell asleep on my lap. When I got home I put her in my hoodie pocket to hide and try not to wake her. I then take the basic needs out of the car and quietly set them at the front door. I then tiptoe upstairs to Marthe's and I's room. I peek my head in and see that Marthe had probably woken up a bit but went back to sleep. I giggled at how her body was sprawled on the bed quickly taking a picture. I then carefully took the kitten out of my pocket and put it on the bed. The kitten looked at me at first confused but then I pointed over at Marthe who was still fast asleep. The kitten then looked over at Marthe and started walking towards her. The kitten got to Marthe's face and started to lick her face, Marthe's face scrunched up but then went back to normal. The kitten then meowed the cutest meow in her ear and I verbally awed. I hear Marthe groan starting to wake up. When she opens her eyes she is met with the tiniest kitten she has seen right in front of her face. It takes her a few seconds to finally wake up to realise there was a kitten right in front of her. She finally wakes up when the kitten rubs her head on Marthe's face and purrs loudly. Marthe then sits up slowly and carefully takes the kitten in her hands and holds it close to her face. Marthe then looks at me who is just smiling at the cute scene in front of me and asks "When did you get this kitten?!" "I just got back from the shelter. What do you wanna name her?" I ask. "Omg it's a girl? Hmmm how about Gizmo?" Marthe says Super excited. "Gizmo..I love it!" I exclaim. I then start to giggle seeing baby Gizmo climbing up Marthe's arm and to her shoulders. Marthe giggles at Gizmo too then turns to me with a loving look in her eyes "Thank you baby! I love her! And I love you!" I then go closer to the bed and kiss her on the lips and say "I love you so much❤️!" We we're still inches away when I say "Now get out of bed we still need to buy her toys and treats!"