140

I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting my hands bury in the hair at the nape of his neck. "I guess we have a few minutes," I said, lowering my mouth to his. When it was over ten minutes later, and I was standing in front of his mirror fixing my hair, I heard Sam's voice bellow from the other side of the door. "If you two don't get your horny asses back out here. We don't have all day!" I met Colby's gaze in the mirror and we both busted out laughing. "Come in Sam. We aren't doing anything. T just needed to change clothes." Sam cracked the door, then peeped through it. Once he was assured that nothing was going on, he stepped inside the room. "You're lying," he said, narrowing his eyes at Colby. "You really thing that I don't know when you're lying after all these years?" Colby smirked at him and shrugged. "You want me to just come right out and say 'oh yeah, we had a quickie but we're done now, so come on in?' I'll remember that for next time." Sam pinched the bridge of his nose, and closed his eyes, but I could see the small smile that he was trying to hide. It didn't work. He looked at Colby again, and shook his head with a smile. "Just hurry the fuck up." "Yes Daddy!" Colby yelled after him as he left the room. I just smiled at their friendly banter, and walked over to Colby. "Guess we better get out there before I get fired," I said, leaning down to kiss him. He scoffed with a smile. "Not gonna happen...but yeah, let's go before I get in trouble." I laughed, and took his offered hand. We made it back outside, and the image of all of the cameras set up around the back yard, with people milling around was still weird to me. I was used to one or two of them always having a camera, but they were always carrying it, and it wasn't a big deal. This was a big deal. I was taking these pictures and 8 million people would see them. "Fuck me," I sighed, feeling my shoulders tense again. "Come on," he said, pulling my hand. "Here's the camera that we'll be using first. They're all the same model. A little newer than the one you have now, but the basics are the same. If you need help with figuring anything out, just ask one of us, or one of those guys." He pointed towards the tiki bar where most of the people were huddling, trying to avoid the hot sun blaring down on us. I looked through the lens, and fidgeted with the settings until I liked them. "I think I can figure it out. Camera's might be different, but they're all the same really," I said, absentmindedly. I was getting into my zone, taking a few scenery shots of the brick wall fence they had surrounding their yard. The tree leaves from their neighbors tree hung over the wall, just barely grazing the top of it. I didn't even notice when Colby walked away. I was zoned out, going over the settings, taking test shots, resetting it, and doing it all over again to see which one would give me the look I wanted. By the time Sam and Colby had changed into some of their new merch, I was ready and in my zone. No more anxiety or worrying about how it would come out, because I knew. I knew that I was good at this. Maybe even great. The next hour was full of me being a photographer. I shot photos in front of the wall, in front of the pool, by the fire pit with the flames roaring, even on this hot day. It made a good shot. I told them how to move, and position, trying to get the best possible and angle and lighting. In this moment, I wasn't Colby's girlfriend, or fiance. I was a professional photographer doing her best work. They changed multiple times, switching out shirts, hoodies, and even joggers, right there in the backyard. After we were finished and there was no more merch, I wiped the sweat from my forehead, and looked up from the camera with a smile. "We're all done. I think you guys will like them." "I know we will. You were a real professional T. Thanks," Sam replied, giving me one of his beautiful grins. "Hiiii!" I turned towards Katrina's voice coming from behind me. "Hey," I said, throwing up my hand with a grin. "Soo, how did it go?" she asked, hugging Sam and returning his quick kiss. "It went great. Terra is really good at her job," Sam told her. It still amazed me that I could see the love they had for each other, so strong that it radiated out of their eyes and body language. The way Sam was looking down at her now, a soft smile on his face, the way her hand was grasping the back of the hoodie that he had on. I felt a familiar arm go around my waist, and turned to meet his eyes. "You did amazing," he said, smiling down at me. I was almost shocked for a moment when I recognized that look. Not because he had given it to me so many times, but because it was exactly the same look that Sam looked at Katrina with. He had told me that he loved me many times, and proven it over and over again. My brain being the way it is, I think that I had always been waiting for it to wear off. I wasn't worthy of such an amazing person's love. While I thought that I knew that Colby loved me, it wasn't until this very moment that I let myself truly believe it. "I love you," I whispered, then pressed my lips to his gently. The kiss was soft and slow, a steady heat building into a gentle cracking fire that warmed my heart. "I love you too," he said, his eyes a little confused. "Can I see the pics?" Katrina asked, grabbing my attention. I shrugged. "If it's okay with them, it's okay with me." "Yay," she said, not even bothering to ask them.