Chapter Twenty Nine

Park

Neither of us said anything.

We were in an office. There was a huge desk with random things on it. Bookshelves lined the walls. There was a small couch in the corner, and a cabinet. Right behind me was a chair.

Rob, who was sitting at the desk, in a very comfterable looking chair, gestured for me to sit.

I locked eyes with him and I slowly sat. I didn't want to take my eyes off of him, in case he tries something.

"Hi Park." He said with a smile.

I looked at him with an emotionless expression, not moving, not breathing.

"Oh come on Park," he said sighing and standing up, "I'm trying to be nice."

"Yes, because being nice means that you kidnap someone." I snapped.

"Oh, so you do talk. Wonderful." He started to walk around the table, and I became stiff.

He stopped walking and looked at me. He tilted his head and raised his eyebrows.

"Why so tense Park? I won't hurt you."

"I don't believe that." I said keeping my eyes on him.

He smiled again and laughed, "Smart girl. You remind me of Ava. Always had her guard up, all the time. She never trusted anyone. She barely trusted me."

"Looks like she ended up right." I said defending Ava.

"She usually is. There is barely ever a time where she is wrong. She has great judgement." He said getting lost in his words.

He bagan walking again, getting closer to me.

"I heard Ray came and talked to you. Is that right?" He asked stopping next to me. He crouched down and was almost level with me.

I nodded and looked straight forward. He was too close for me to look at him.

"I'm sorry."

I choked on air when he said that.

I turned my head and stared at him in complete shock. He's sorry?

"She's a handful, I know. I don't know what she said to you, but I know it was something bad. Ray isn't a normal werewolf. She has the power to look into your mind and see everything you have ever seen or thought."

I looked away from him and looked at my lap. I closed my eyes and let out a shaky breath. My mind was racing.

Why was he not doing anything? He was being nice to me. Talking to me. Why?

"Anyway," he said standing and walking back to his chair, "I have pack issues to attend to at the moment. I'll have Ricky and Mike take you back to Ava's room."

The doors opened and two guys came in. They each grabbed an arm, but I had a question for Rob.

"I'm staying in Ava's room?" I asked as we were going out the doors.

I looked behind me and saw him nod.

The doors closed and Ricky and Mike walked me to Ava's room.