Chapter Thirty One

Park

I carefully crawled down the small space. I barely fit, but it's a way out, I'm not complaining.

I saw a small amount of light a couple feet in front of me and smiled. I crawled faster and landed on a bush.

I got up quickly and wasted no time in sprinting straight into the trees.

I smiled to myself as I ran. I was going to jump on Ava when I get back.

When I was a good distance away, I stoped running and leaned on a tree. I put my hand on it and closed my eyes.

Help me home.

I opened my eyes and saw small red flowers growing in a path in front of me.

I sighed in relief because now I wont get lost. I started to run again, following the flowers.

I heard leaves crunching, and I stopped that second. I didn't move as it got louder and closer to me.

"FIND HER!"

My heart sank. I started to panic.

The flowers continued to grow, and it was a choice that would mean I get caught, or I run and try to make it home before they catch me.

Fuck it.

I started to run as fast as I possibly could.

I heard someone yell, "I found her!"

But I kept running.

After some time, I knew they were close behind me, and I knew that if I stopped, I would get caught in an instant.

But I was getting tired.

Vives.

I collapsed on the floor, but right before they reached me, a dome of vines grew around me.

I tried to catch my breath, but running as fast as your body can go for ten minutes in the woods is not fun. Especially when someone's chasing you.

They shifted now. They were clawing at the vines.

I tried to think, but nothing came. I was caught.

A vine gave out. There was an opening big enough for a person to come in. Rob was in sight.

He came in and knelt by me.

He looked at me closely and brought his hand to my chin. He examined my face and sighed.

"You have a lot of cuts," he grabbed my wrist and I screamed from the pain, "and your wrist is broken. Let's go back to the house."

I give up. I let him pick me up and carry me all the way to the house.

I thought of Harry carrying me when I was hurt.

Harry.

Tears came to my eyes as I thought of him.

Harry I miss you.

I let the tears fall and, I don't want to but I'm extremely tired, leaned my head on Rob's shoulder.

Harry.

The last thing I remember was Rob setting me on a huge bed with a black blanket.