flower crowns look so good on you, baby (f/marliza)

credit to cuteotpprompts on instagram

eliza and maria were sitting in the flower field near their village. eliza wore and pastel long blue dress with black boots on. maria wore her dark red dress with her black heels on. eliza thought it would be a good idea to leave the village for some time and go out to the field. the field had a lot of pretty variety of flowers. roses, sunflowers and so many others. they were talking about whatever came to mind. eliza didn't bring her here just to talk though. she wanted to tell maria something that she had in her mind for a while. when maria stopped laughing at the embarrassing story eliza told her, eliza cleared her throat. maria looked to her with a smile.

"wanna tell me something, liz?" maria asked.

"well, i was wondering if..." eliza trailed off.

"if what?" maria asked.

'maybe this is a bad idea' eliza thought to herself

"if we could make some flower crowns." eliza smiled.

maria beamed and nodded her head. she immediately grabbed a handful of bellflowers and a vine. maria started intertwining them together. eliza grabbed some roses with a vine and did the same. they sat in silence for a while with the occasional jokes from maria. maria did eventually start a conversation.

"so how's your sisters?" maria asked as she grabbed another bellflower.

eliza smiled, "they're fine. peggy finally asked john out after three years of friendship and he said yes, of course. i mean, who could say no to peggy? their relationship is also healthy. angelica is the same as always. independent and never satisfied. although, when thomas spoke to her, i saw a apparent blush on her face."

"so you mean to tell me, ms. 'i'm never satisfied' actually likes someone?" maria joked.

eliza laughed, "i mean, she didn't say she did but it was evident on her face. i thought she liked alex but apparently not."

"where is alex, by the way?" maria asked as she intertwined the bellflower and the vine into a circle.

"i think him and the washingtons went somewhere." eliza answered.

"didn't washington like...adopt him or something?" maria asked.

"i think so." eliza answered, "ow!"

eliza hissed as her thumb started to bleed. she accidentally sliced her finger on a rose thorn. maria looked over and saw her finger bleeding. she put her finished flower crown down and ripped a piece of her dress off. she gently grabbed eliza's hand and wrapped the cloth around her thumb. eliza just watched as maria wrapped her thumb. maria finished and grabbed the flower crown she did. she put it on top of eliza's head and smiled.

"flower crowns look so good on you, baby." maria said in a flirty tone.

eliza blushed as maria laughed at her expression. maria leaned in and kissed eliza. eliza was shocked but soon kissed back. maria kept leaning forward until eliza's back hit the ground. they continued to kiss until maria pulled away. 

"you know i would've said yes." maria spoke.

"w-what?" eliza asked confused.

maria laughed, "i knew you wanted to ask me out, liz." 

"oh." eliza blushed and covered her face.

maria pulled eliza's hands away from her face and kissed her again. eliza smirked into the kiss but continued to kiss back lovingly.