dance with me (f/jasippa)

[here's pips and jas dancing fluff for your soul]

to say that phillipa was nervous was an understatement. she completely anxious. she just got back from her break from her hospital visit. she was stressing herself and she fainted a week ago during a show. the doctors recommended that she take a break from performing for some time. she was in her first dress of the show, pacing back and forth backstage. she was biting her nails while overthinking. jasmine fixed her dress on herself and saw phillipa pacing. she walked over to her and tapped her shoulder. she flinched and turned to look at jasmine.

"you okay, pips?" jasmine asked with concern in her voice.

"y-yeah i'm fine." phillipa lied.

"no you aren't," jasmine stated, "what's wrong?"

phillipa sighed, "i'm so anxious right now. i'm scared that i might mess up. i know i shouldn't be overthinking. ever since my break, my mind's been racing."

"pips, dance with me." jasmine smiled as she held phillipa's hands.

"w-what?" phillipa asked.

jasmine giggled, "dance with me, pippins!"

jasmine interlocked her hands with phillipa's and raised them up. jasmine turned them around and around while swaying back and forth. phillipa would admit that when she danced with jasmine, she felt her nerves began to go away. jasmine outstretched their arms and tilted them left and right. jasmine looked at phillipa and smiled. phillipa smiled back and laughed when she almost tripped over her foot. jasmine giggled and looked down to their feet.

"okay, now move this way." jasmine told phillipa while looking at their feet. 

they laughed again when they both almost tripped over each other. renee walked by but stopped when she saw them dancing. she smirked to herself and walked over to them. she pulled out her phone and took some pictures to tease them with later. jasmine and phillipa stopped dancing and hugged each other.

"thank you, jasmine." phillipa told jasmine.

"thanks for dancing with me, pips." jasmine smiled.

"and thank you two for giving me content." renee spoke loudly to them.

jasmine and phillipa turned to renee.

"how long were you there?" phillipa asked.

"long enough to take pictures of you two dancing." renee laughed a little.

jasmine rolled her eyes. soon, they heard the intro of "alexander hamilton" began to play. they hurriedly walked to their places but phillipa tugged jasmine's sleeve. she turned to look at phillipa.

"yes, pippa?" jasmine asked.

"i wanna continue this dance later if you don't mind." phillipa smiled.

jasmine chuckled softly, "i would love to."

[yeah i'm totally not listening to "letters" by the cast of natasha, pierre & the great comet of 1812 on repeat while writing this.]