Chapter 47

Authors note: If you like my story please vote, add your libraries, and comment. It lets me know that you enjoy the direction it is going in. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Enjoy!

Chapter 47

I realized that Robbie was not going to bring anything up. He waited for me outside of Calculus and took my backpack from Chris. I kept looking at him to see if he would give away any hidden feelings of anger, but he seemed fine. 

He said hi to people on the way to class. Made a quick joke with the guys from lacrosse and even smiled slyly at the cheerleaders when they giggled as he walked by. Every second we walked, I felt myself become more and more upset.

"Can you stop?" I asked when we sat down for class. The classroom was empty, my class was close by, and I always got there before anyone. It seemed like the perfect moment to confront him.

"Stop what?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said and folded my arms in front of my chest.

He gave a chortle and looked at me as if I was weird.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"What? No." He said, confused.

I huffed and leaned back in my seat.

"You are the one who is obviously upset; do you want to talk about it?" He said, leaning over the table, his cheek resting on his fist.

"Well, yeah. You act as if nothing happened."

"Would you prefer I acted another way?" He asked calmly.

"No. I don't know." I said, shaking my head.His eyes looked to be overflowing with amusement.

"Whatever." I huffed.

He threw his head back in a laugh, and I glared at him."What do you want me to do, Lia?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

I let out a breath, "I don't know," I pouted.

"Well, when you figure it out, let me know," He said and took out his chem notes.

We had an assignment today where we could work in groups. Antoine and Robbie had a conversation about the robotics club while they worked. I worked on my chem problems keeping to myself. I had been giving Antoine and Robbie monosyllabic responses to everything. I could tell Antoine noticed something was up and wanted to ask me but didn't know how to bring it up

"Hey, you're good at math; you can help us," he said, snapping me from my daydream.

"Sure," I said, not really understanding what he was asking me.

I lifted my bag off the floor to put my notebook away; there were a few minutes left of class, and I had finished my work.

"Wow, how many books do you have in there?" Antoine asked, peering inside my bag.

"Three."

"Why?" He laughed.

"I have one for the bus, one in case I get bored with the one for the bus, and one for English."

"Impressive. I'm not a huge reader," He said, "are you?" he asked Robbie.Robbie shrugged casually, "I read," he said, pressing random buttons on his calculator.

"I wish I was," Antoine said, "I see the value in it; I just can't really get into books. It's like, why not watch a movie," He laughed and stopped when he saw Robbie and I were unable to relate.