Shippuden Act 16 (2)

A lot of things happened at once when Shira disappeared

.

.

When team Konoha was so close to reaching Shira, a masked idiot appeared out of nowhere. Said masked idiot wore the cloak of Akatsuki, too. If Naruto had been too focused on finding his twin, he would have charged at the enemy blindly. He tried to make things short but in the end, they could not even get pass him.

And even though everyone worked together to beat the enemy, for some reason, he did not even receive a single scratch of the battle. It was like... they all just slipped right through his body. A handful of time passed and other than being played with by that self-proclaimed new recruit of Akatsuki, Naruto grew more and more frustrated.

Beside him, Sasuke mirrored the blond's feelings. Something about being delayed by that masked moron rubbed him the wrong way. His intuition told him that somewhere beyond the forest, it was not only Shira who was waiting for him. Unsheathing his katana once more, the Uchiha shunshined behind the enemy in a blink of an eye.

In tandem, Haku appeared opposite of him. Thousands of ice needles formed above and no matter where one tried to run, it would be impossible to dodge that many ice needles. Lightning crackled right after, blue flash of lights hissed around the katana in Sasuke's hands.

Without wasting a moment, the both of them attacked. With Haku's skillful way of handling his ice needles, not one of them came close to Sasuke even when the latter got near their target.

However, their efforts were futile. Even with the Sharingan, Sasuke failed to fathom how this particular Akatsuki member could dodge such attacks from close range. Why did weapons and ninjutsus fail to cause damage?!

The two appeared once more near their team, frustration growing obvious on their expression. "It is no use. No matter how wide of a range we attack or how close we get to him; all of it just slips through or he is skilled enough to dodge it." Haku admitted with a frown. The masked man was stronger than them, that was for sure.

Suddenly, something seemed to come out of the thick branch the masked man was standing on. Black and white; each half of its body painted by those two hues. In simpler words, the newcomer resembled a plant that sprouted instantaneously from the branch. What was more, the plant appeared to be a member of Akatsuki as well.

"Uzumaki Shira... had escaped."

The masked member, Tobi, frowned behind his mask before shrugging his shoulders. What could he do? That girl was probably one of the fastest ninja to have ever existed. Besides, she was still young; Tobi was sure that somewhere near the future, if she was still alive, she would be the fastest in all of Shinobi Nation. Uzumaki Shira might have the chance to make a name for herself in history if she survives in the near future.

Before he could answer Zetsu, however, there was a shout of indignation below. "You..! What do you want with my nee-san?!" Naruto had always wondered what the Akatsuki wanted with Shira. Even if she was strong, there were plenty others who they could have recruited. Why do they keep chasing after his precious sister, dammit?!