Act 5: "You're a boy?"

.

.

"Nee-san... Nee-san..."

Her body felt heavy like lead but she definitely heard her brother's worried voice. Forcing her eyes open despite the pain she was feeling, she wanted to reassure him that she was alright. That she was alive and won't be leaving him anytime soon.

"Hey..." She croaked out, her throat a bit dry. How long was she asleep anyway? It didn't feel she was asleep for long, though. Jolting up from surprise, Naruto butted heads with his twin and both groaned in pain.

"Man... What are you doing Naru-naru? Are you trying to knock me out again?" Came her irritated reply. "What?! No! No way! I was just surprised, 'ttebayo! I didn't expect you to suddenly wake up!" Chuckling under her breath, she patted the blonde on the head with a soft smile gracing her lips.

Naruto visibly relaxed, relieved that she was alright. "I'm fine, Naru-naru. There's nothing to be worried about. I merely experienced chakra exhaustion, nothing more. I just need rest and food."

Frowning, the blond slowly nodded. The redhead then noticed the lack of people in the room and wondered where everyone was. Naruto must have seen her curious expression because he suddenly spoke while grinning. "Kaka-sensei is training us! Do you wanna watch, 'ttebayo?!" He enthusiastically asked the redhead. Shira shrugged her shoulders.

"Why not? But first, where are we? I was sure that last time we were in a forest." She inquired.

"Oh! We're in the old man's place! He had let us stay here after defeating Zabuza! Ah! I forgot to tell you, Kaka-sensei actually defeated Zabuza but a Hunter Nin came and took him away and yesterday, Kaka-sensei said he's still alive that's why we're training!" Naruto said all in one breath, not even thinking of breathing. Shira sweat dropped at her brother. Even in this kind of situation, he was still happy-go-lucky as usual.

"I get it. I get it. So, won't you help me up so I can watch you guys train?"

"That's right! Let's go, nee-san!"

In the forest, Kakashi had decided to take a glimpse of how his precious little Genins are doing. Sakura had been ordered to watch after Tazuna while he works on the bridge. When he arrived, though, he wasn't that surprised when he saw Shira supervising the two rivals.

He expected this, seeing how stubborn his Genins could be. Though, her presence was a bonus. Why? With her there, Naruto and Sasuke tried their hardest to beat the other more unlike yesterday.

Deciding to talk and sit down, he placed himself beside the tree near the one Shira was leaning at. "Yo, Shira-chan." She looked at him from the corner of her eyes and nodded in acknowledgement much like she did when they first met.

"Hello, Pervy-sensei." He sweat dropped and rubbed the back of his head. "Aren't you going to drop the nickname?" He tried to sound undisturbed but he saw the smirk gracing her lips.

"I don't see why I should. Anyway, I'm gonna go and train on my own for the rest of the week. I need to do something about the hiraishin. I heard the Yondaime could place a seal with a single touch!" Just like her father, huh? He thought while reminiscing about the past.

"Well, be back on time for dinner, m'kay? I don't want two certain someone's breathing at the back of my neck if you're late." Actually, make that three.

He chuckled to himself, visioning the team inside his mind. Shira merely raised an eyebrow, crept out by Kakashi chuckling on his own. What a creeper... She thought and nodded anyways.

"You still have the kunai, right, Pervy-sensei?" Kakashi nodded and waved said kunai in front of her. Saying a temporary farewell, she proceeded to look for a clearing where she can have peace.