Shippuden Act 18

.

.

( A day in the life of Team Hibana )

.

.

"What are we having for dinner -un?"

Deidara had fully given himself to Team Hibana, discarding his Akatsuki cloak for... well, Team Hibana did not have a uniform so he ended up wearing his casual clothes. Actually, should he make them some sort of uniform? It did feel kinda weird seeing them wearing different clothes.

"It's still morning, girly-boy. Wait at least until we eat lunch." Karin adjusted her lens, still not used to having an extra luggage around.

Hearing that, Deidara scowled and, like the petty guy he was ever since he joined this team, let a hand of his get near Karin and had its tongue lick her cheek. The disgusting sensation caused the glasses-wearing Uzumaki to shriek in horror. "SHIT—! You disgusting girly-boy!"

"Is that all you can insult me with -un?" Deidara and Karin butted heads in that moment.

On the other bed in the room, Suigetsu found it all odd. Usually, it was him who argued and butted heads with Karin. Now, there was someone else who took his position. It felt... weird. "I must be getting used to this damn team more than I thought." Initially, he only joined because Shira was after the Akatsuki. In consequence, that would be going after Kisame.

Yet, here he was, babysitting alongside Jugo.

On the other hand, Jugo himself wondered since when did he stop losing control over his bloodlust. Ever since he decided to go with Shira, not once did he lose control. He even managed to go around a small village on his own without fear of hurting others. So what exactly happened? Nothing special occured over the course of them going from one place to another.

It was confusing but a puzzle Jugo gladly accepted without struggle.

The banter between Deidara and Karin came to an end as Shira flashed into the room with a giant clothed bag beside her feet. "Dei-dei, I need your help with something."

"D—" the blond choked on air. "— DEI-DEI?!"

"No fair, Shira-kun! Why does this guy who went after your life gets a cutesy nickname?!"

Shira scratched her cheek in a rather sheepish way. "Nevermind that. Eat first. Dei-dei's coming with me right after."

Suigetsu raised an eyebrow, plopping himself beside Shira as she took out...  a ton of boxes of dango? What the fuck? Even the rest of the team stared at Shira dumbfounded.

"Um..." Jugo was the first to break the silence, only to zip his mouth shut as their leader ate stick after stick after stick of dango. She basically inhaled the sweet dumplings just like does with air. Noticing their silence, Shira glanced at them while chewing a pink-colored dango.

"What?" They awkwardly smiled at her.

"Is this... lunch?" Jugo finally asked, a bit apprehensive by the sight.

"Yup."

"Just... this?"

"What's wrong with it?"

Team Hibana shared an incredulous look, stupefied by what their leader had just said. "Hey, Shira," Suigetsu suddenly called. "What exactly have you been eating since you left your home?"

This was the first time they let her buy their food because aside from her, the rest of them were exhausted after travelling an entire day nonstop.