Shippuden Act 30 (2)

.

.

"But we have to help the animals, Naruto-san. They're still a little scared after that earthquake." Jugo commented while pointing at the chaos before them. Everyone sent the ginger head giant a big thumbs up when the blond did divert his attention to the animals.

"That's right, 'ttebayo! C'mon, Jugo, Karin, help me get this turtle back on his feet!"

Several sighs of relief escaped the ninjas once Naruto forgot about going outside.

Sometimes, they hated it when Naruto becomes sharp-eyed.

.

.

"Shira."

Tsunade's sharp voice snapped the redhead out of her daze, bringing her back from the verge of slumber. Seeing this, the old hag couldn't help but try to calm herself down. Why did she bring that brat with her again?

"Huh..? What is it now, old hag?"

whack

A giant bump appeared on the crown of Shira's head, the poor space-time user cursing under her breath. "Check on Itachi's and Sasuke's recovery. Ask Sakura when they could join in the fight." Upon hearing what her task was, the lazy redhead perked up and acted as if she wasn't hit by Lady Hokage's fist just seconds ago.

Not willing to be subjected to that monstrous strength any further, the redhead hiraishined away, leaving Tsunade with a headache.

Now that she remembered, that lazy brat was supposed to act as Shikaku's assistant yet Shira dozed off every second possible. If she had know that the brat would act that way, she wouldn't have brought the redhead in the first place!

Back in Konoha, Uzumaki Shira appeared in a hospital room, occupied by none other than Uchiha Itachi.

Bandages covered his eyes and as she sat down on the lone chair beside his bed, she wondered if he was asleep or something. Maybe she should have dropped by later rather than straight away? Damn, Sakura might scold me for not seeing her first.

That medic would nag at her for not going through the whole process of visiting a patient. But did Shira care? No, not really. But was she afraid of Sakura scolding her for hours on end? Well, maybe just a little bit. Before the redhead could leave the comfort of her seat, a voice stopped her from doing so.

"Shira, I thought Lady Hokage wanted you to accompany her?" Sure enough, even without his eyesight, Itachi recognized her by chakra sensing alone. "Well," the redhead scratched the back of her head. "I think the old hag got annoyed with me and sent me to check on you and duckbutt's condition."

Embarrassment laced her voice and Itachi found it amusing. The always indifferent and unbothered Uzumaki Shira was embarrassed for being sent away from such an important position. Even though she was smarter and more intelligent compared to the average ninja, it didn't change the fact that she acted childish on more than one occasion.

"Sakura-san said that we have to wait for four more days before we could remove the bandages. Furthermore, Sasuke and I have to adjust to our eyes first before we could join in the battle."

"Ah, that's troublesome. You and duckbutt are two of our main forces."

"Speak for yourself, you're more than enough to take out hundreds of foes."

And it was that reason why she and her twin were separated for the upcoming war. What he said wasn't a lie but Shira still shot the amused Uchiha a glare. If it was up to her, she would have stuck with Naruto at every second possible!