Shippuden Act 11

"Neh, Shira

"Neh, Shira."

"Hm?"

"I know you hate that four-eyed bastard. Why'dja left him alive?"

Suigetsu gave his companion another look. He had heard from her before— accidentally, by the way— how she would rip him to pieces when she gets the chance. Yet why'd she left him alone? "... I've had enough of bloodshed for one day. Now, just shut up, shark boy." Grumbling under his breath, he shoved his hands in his pocket and pouted.

Man, he knew going with her would help him fullfil his goal sooner but she makes it hard to talk to her. No sooner did they enter the southern base, they encountered another redhead who looked as if she had been waiting for them all this time. "I knew it, you're alone, Shira. So, it's true then." The white-haired male raised an offended eyebrow. "What am I, chopped liver?"

"What do you want?" Karin narrowed her eyes at them. Suigetsu was about to answer but his companion beat him to it. He was a little surprised though because she seemed adamant on ignoring him moments before. "Let's talk somewhere else. Shark boy and I walked a long way to get here." At that, said shark boy was surprised. It was a fact that Shira doesn't tire easily; did she say that for him?

Grinning to himself, Suigetsu thought that even if she was hard to talk to, she really is someone he would follow.

Karin led them to an empty room with only a couch as its furniture. The purple-eyed male threw himself on the couch, followed by a calm Shira who sat down properly. The short-haired Uzumaki gave her companion a stern look. Sit properly, her eyes conveyed and Suigetsu instantly sat down. Turning to face the bespectacled female, Shira said what she wanted straight to the point.

"I need you. Come with us, Karin."

"Ha?! Why do I need to go anywhere? I'm in charge of this place!"

Suigetsu almost- almost - felt jealous at that.

"Orochimaru's out of the picture now."

"What about the prisoners then? What will you do to them?"

Receiving a look from the bossy amethyst-eyed teen, Suigetsu sighed and waved a hand. "Hai, hai. No need to give me such a look. You're so bossy—" his expression froze. "Wait, no, forget what I said. I'm just gonna go and free them now." As he left, Karin kept her eyes on him, sweating a little as Suigetsu finally closed the damn door.

"I refuse," the long-haired redhead firmly said. "I'm no under such obligation to go anywhere with you!"

Shira was so sure that this woman would go along with her when she picked her. "If that's your decision, fine. Suigetsu and I will be looking for someone else to replace." There was a click that caught Shira's attention. Karin had locked the door for some reason, head bowed down so her face couldn't be read.

"I'll come."

Uzumaki Shira blinked.

Well, that was fast of her to change her mind.