Act 14: "Give me a month to sleep."

.

.

"Itachi-san, I'm here for Sasuke."

A little girl with one of the most beautiful hair color walked up towards him. Her expression made Itachi smile a bit, though, a bit confused. Who was this child? "Um, and you are?" He watched as she sighed and placed her hands inside her pocket.

"The idiot wanted me to pick him up and I said yes to make him stop bothering me." The Uchiha prodigy didn't even blink an eyelash as the girl shamelessly called his little brother an idiot. He smiled and flicked her on the forehead, taking her by surprise.

"You shouldn't be insulting someone at your age and you shouldn't dodge my question." He watched as she smirked. "Maa, I was just wondering if you mistook me for a boy, that's all. It seems you didn't, a first, actually. As a prize, I'll tell you my name. I'm Uzumaki Shira, nice to meet you."

The Uchiha raised an eyebrow in amusement and watched the little girl as her body slouched once more. He turned back and called his brother, "Sasuke! Shira-chan is here to pick you up!" And turned back to the Uzumaki girl in front of him. "Oh, I'm the first."

Shira hummed in agreement.

"Yeah, you're the first one if we ecsh - exshus- ex-clu-de exclude the Hokage." Itachi chuckled, finding her speaking some words with difficulty adorable. "I see. From where were you able to recognize me from?" He wondered.

Sure, he was and still is well-known but kids tended to avoid him due to his reputation. "That's easy." He cocked his head a bit and thought if he heard her mumble a 'troublesome' under her breath. "Copycat-san always mentions you whenever I popped up in the Hokage's office. Besides, you're a popular topic with our teachers."

"You know Kakashi-senpai?"

"Yup. He's a perv though." Itachi sweat dropped at her words. ... someone is actually bad-mouthing you, senpai, Itachi thought. Well, I can't blame Shira-chan if you shamelessly read your book out in the open. Itachi sweat dropped at the thought.

Yes, no one was to blame except for his senpai. "Ah! You're early!" Sasuke exclaimed as he arrived. His elder brother shook his head and threw him an amused look. "You're just slow, little brother." Sasuke pouted as Itachi flicked him on the forehead.

"Mou, stop doing that, onii-sama! Anyways, let's go, Shira!" Itachi swore he heard the little redhead mumble 'troublesome' as his brother dragged her away to the Academy. The little redhead reminded him of a Nara.

Itachi shrugged his shoulders and shunshined to his destination, an amused smile lingering on his lips.

.

.

The second time Itachi met her, it was at the Hokage's tower. He had just finished his solo mission and was about to leave to help his little brother with a jutsu he was having trouble with when a certain redhead came in through the window.

He had frozen in shock and his hand was instantly ready to draw out a kunai but immediately relaxed when he realized it was only Shira. He shook his head. How could a kid get past my senses? He wondered to himself.

"Hokage-sama, Naru-naru got in trouble again." The way she sighed like an older person made Itachi frown.

Why would a child harbor such expression?