Act 29

The sun's rays made him groan in discomfort. Did he forget to close the curtains again? Oh come on, he's sleepy as hell. Or did Shira enter without permission— Shira! Sasuke's eyes shot open in alarm.

It was morning. No way... She was gone. Gone. "Dammit, Shira. What were you thinking?!" He slapped himself awake and rushed to the Hokage's office. His features were covered with desperation and extreme worry. How could she just leave like that?

How could she just leave them like that?

|Uchiha Sasuke|

I jumped through the Hokage's window and found myself surrounded by ANBU operatives. I glared at them I don't have time for this! "Sasuke? Isn't it too early?" I could sense annoyance but who fxcking cares about that?!

"Around midnight, Uzumaki Shira has left the village." She didn't look surprised. She didn't even look concerned. "So?" I bit my lip. What's wrong with her?! "Aren't you going to send some team to retrieve her?!" I shouted but only received a glare from our so-called village leader.

"Considering her speed, she might have passed the border by now. Aside from that, she's officially a Nukenin." The news took me moments to register. My stomach churns as it did. "What do you mean?" Hokage-sama looked down at me with a glower.

"It's none of your business. What she did and why she did it are classified." The door suddenly slammed open and Usuratonkachi came stumbling in with a piece of paper in his hand. "Baa-chan! Nee-san! It's Nee-san!" The idiot yelled while swinging around the piece of paper in his hand.

"I've heard from Sasuke already, brat."

"Then, there's already people going after her, -bayo?!"

"She's not sending anyone out, dobe."

"... what?"

Once again, I found myself glowering at the new Hokage. "What do you mean you're not sending people out to get her, Baa-chan!?" She pinched the bridge of her nose. If I could just smack her in the face, I would've done so already but she's the fxcking Hokage.

"Fine, I'll tell you brats. Sasuke, Naruto, that girl harmed a council member. She also almost killed three of my ANBUs. She is now considered a Nukenin and if I did send out a team, she would only get executed once she's caught." Something was wrong, I could feel it but I didn't know what it is.

I couldn't point my finger at it but something is definitely wrong. "Baa-chan! We have to go after her! I'm sure nee-san has a pretty good reason why she would attack someone! She would never do something without a reason, ttebayo!" I nodded in confirmation. We waited for a few minutes before she sighed.

"If you manage to bring her back, I'll do what I can to stop her execution. Call Nara Shikamaru and tell him to gather a team to retrieve Uzumaki Shira. Inform him that he can't pick any Jounin because all are still busy. Go!" With hidden thankfulness, the dobe and I searched the village for the Lazy butt.

We found him at a random rooftop lazying around and Naruto immediately shook him awake. "Oi! Wake up, it's urgent, dattebayo!" Shikamaru groaned and opened an eye to look at us. "What now, you moron?"

"Shira defected the village and we need you to gather a team to retrieve her." His eyes widened at the news. "Shira did?" I grimly nodded. Shikamaru frowned as Naruto and I waited impatiently for him to finish thinking.

"I'll need a team of J—"

"You can't." His eyes snapped up to me. "And why not?"

"There's not enough Jounin in the village. Make do with the remaining ninjas in the village."