Shippuden Act 33: "what a drag"

"Nee-san," the blond called before the redhead could hiraishin away. "Where do you want to travel first?" A flash of surprise crossed those amethyst pools and that out of the blue question managed to get a laugh out of her. "That's a weird question to ask in the middle of war, 'ttebane. But I'd like it if we went to the Land of Spring again. Koyuki must be wondering why we haven't visited since we were last there."

"Ah!" Naruto exclaimed in shock. "You're right, dattebayo! She's going to kill us!"

"She can't kill us if we're too fast for her."

The twins laughed together, warming the atmosphere around them. When Bee cleared his throat, the twins shared a glance.

"I'll see you later, Shira-neesan."

"Let's have an all-you-can-eat ramen and dango when this is all over."

"Yeah!"

And with that, the twins went their separate ways again.

Bee glanced at Naruto's profile, noticing the previous beaming face of his was nowhere to be seen.

On the other hand, Karin and Jugo stayed in place as they waited for Shira to take them back. The redhead was busy looking at her twin's disappearing figure in the distance and once the blond was out of sight, she let out a sigh. She turned around to face Hibana with a solemn look.

"Let's go, Karin, Jugo."

"Yes!"

.

.

— Some moments ago —

"You're sure you don't want to go to the medical tents?"

"Yes, Kiba!" Neji scowled as Kiba forced him to lie down, a makeshift pillow propping his head up. After using his Byakugan nonstop, it reached the point where he could barely keep one of his eyes open. "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm fine?!"

That roar of frustration caused Akamaru to whimper at the side, the canine nudging Neji with his snout. This bit of action made Kiba grin a bit whereas Neji himself sighed in frustration.

"Overusing your Byakugan until you collapsed doesn't seem fine to me! Killing yourself like this isn't gonna impress anyone." Kiba taunted with a triumphant sneer. Who told Neji to incur his wrath when they were kids? Now, it all came back to bite the poor Hyuga in the ass.

"Shut up, Kiba!" A drop of sweat slid down said teen's cheek when Neji scolded Akamaru instead.

He didn't even resemble a dog all that much!

"You're so burnt out you can't even tell the difference between a human and a dog!" Someone tapped his shoulder. The annoyed Kiba turned his gaze behind him, his frustration dissolving at the sight of Haku. "Oh, yo, Haku. You got here pretty fast." Surprise flickered in his eyes. Then again, Haku was one of the fastest shinobis he knew.

"Could you, I don't know, tell this idiot that staying here instead of going to the medical tents is a stupid idea?"

From what Kiba heard from Hinata, Neji seemed to listen to Haku's words most of the time. Hell, this idiot could actually be pulled into crossdressing with one word from Haku. Hehe, I gotta show Shira those pictures. I bet she'll like them.

"Kiba," Haku couldn't decide whether he should scold Kiba for being rude to his comrade or scold Neji for being bullheaded in his condition. "You should join the others. I'll look after Neji."

"You're sure? I bet this guy might get your blood boiling in anger this time." That earned him a laugh out of Haku.

"I'll be fine. He's far from annoying, believe it or not." Disbelief painted Kiba's face. He obviously didn't believe a single word the ice user said but he acted as if he did.