Shippuden Act 3

| Uchiha Sasuke |

If there's anything weird going on, then I would say it revolves around Naruto. I— rather, we knew about the Akatsuki, about them going after Naruto. That man made it clear a few years ago, after all. They were after the tailed beast inside of him. Willingly or not, I'm going to protect that dobe because... he's an important person to her.

I wouldn't forgive myself if that idiot died because of being too impulsive in battle and get himself killed. We were already on our way when that savage woman noticed something below us. "Ah, Temari-san!" We followed her lead and landed in front of the Suna ninja. "Oh, it's you guys. Why do you all looked distressed?"

Sakura frowned. She probably didn't know how to tell her the news. The dobe doesn't look like he can speak coherently and Shishou seemed to be pleading at me to fxckxng explain the whole thing. I sighed. Fine, be that way. You guys are betraying me. I cleared my throat to get her attention.

"Your brother, the Kazekage, has been kidnapped by an organization called Akatsuki. We're on our way to find what's going on now and aid your village." I didn't like beating around the bush so I told her exactly what happened. Shishou hit me at the back of my head gently. What's his problem? He's the one who wanted me to explain.

"Gaara!?" There was shock in her voice before her expression changed, as if she was reminiscing something. "... I had a bad feeling before I left the Leaf but I didn't think it would be this." There was worry and the urge to go home to her village to help. "It'll take three days to get to the Sand. We better go." Shishou said.

Temari-san nodded, still a bit distracted by the thought of her brother being kidnapped. As we go on our way, I couldn't help but remember what happened almost three years ago. They were certainly after Naruto's Tailed Beast, are they also after the other Tailed Beast? Now that I think about it, if they are after the nine Tailed Beast, wouldn't it be obvious what their goal is?

But wasn't it only a legend? I... think it was. I don't exactly remember. The last time I heard the legend about the Ten Tailed Beast was before he slayed our clan. So, I couldn't be entirely sure if they were after it. I can still remember it as merely a legend, nothing more. It was only when I snapped out of my thoughts did I notice the dobe going faster.

"Naruto, when I mentioned to hurry up, I didn't mean for you to separate from the team." Was Shishou's exasperated call. He gave me a look and I grumbled. What a lazy ninja. "I can't stand it!" I picked up my pace to catch up to that idiot. I didn't react at his outburst. He's more impulsive than I thought he would be, even though almost three years passed.

So, I guess not everything changes entirely. "Even I know why they're after Gaara and I... You still don't know, do you, Sakura-chan?" My onyx eyes flickered to Sakura for a moment when the idiot mentioned her. Of course she doesn't know, but I'm certain she's having suspicious about it a couple of months ago after my tongue slipped.

"Inside me... is the feared Nine Tails bijuu." Sakura had this saddened expression and I knew why. She had wished her theories weren't real and wished she was only over thinking this. But now that Naruto confirmed all her suspicions, there was nothing to make herself believe that it was a lie. After all, the dobe said it himself.

He's the Nine Tails Jinchuriki.

"Me and Gaara... because we have monsters contained... That's what they're after! Just seeing as us monsters... I can't stand the way they treat us whatever try feel like, -bayo!" My lips formed a frown. I knew he had a rough life, maybe harsher than mine or something. I've never really thought about it. I just knew Naruto and I had something on common.

"He and I... are the same and he was fighting, he was more lonelier than I was! I had people to support me! I had my Nee-san! I had Iruka-sensei! Kaka-sensei! Sasuke! Sakura-chan! I had people around me!" I felt a pang in my chest when he mentioned his sister. "He was targeted by the Akatsuki... like I was before!