Shippuden Act 19 (2)

.

.

"What the actual fuck?"

Suigetsu thought of many things about the Eight Tails' host; how the host would be someone recluse who avoided human interaction. Hell, he even expected to search hard for the host yet the weirdo announced his own name to strangers without a second. The former Mizu-nin almost choked on air when the Eight Tails' host posed for no goddamn reason.

Beside him, Deidara mirrored that stupefied expression on Suigetsu's face. The blond met a lot of odd characters in his life and managed to adapt to it no matter how difficult it was. Yet it was the first time for him to encounter someone like Killer Bee. "Is he... rhyming -un?" The very existence of the host dumbfounded the bomber.

Karin herself rubbed her eyes in an attempt to clear up her vision but what she saw was still there. She even checked if a genjutsu trapped them but no chakra fluctuated in the area nor were there any invading their mind. "Shira-kun... are you sure that... weirdo is the host of a tailed beast?"

Behind the group, Jugo shot Shira a look of confusion, tilting his head with eyebrows furrowed. He might have never seen a tailed beast host before but he had heard a few snippets of Shira's brother from herself; even another one who goes by the name of Gaara of the Sand. Those guys personalities differed greatly compared to the one they stood in front of.

All in all, Team Hibana, with the exception of Uzumaki Shira, held a bewildered look, waiting for their leader to answer Killer Bee.

"Killer Bee, my name is Uzumaki Shira—" the redhead tried to be polite but straightforward, informing the opposition of her team's goal but the Kumo-nin interrupted her all of a sudden.

"Uzumaki Shira? The little lass who killed Orochimaru and rumored to be a big shrew?" Almost instantly, Team Hibana exploded onto incoherent rants, greatly offended that someone called the best fucking leader a damn shrew!

"Listen here, you damn host!" Karin shrieked with flames burning in her eyes. "Who the hell are you calling a shrew?! Shira-kun is the best! She's patient and thoughtful and a whole damn times better than your Raikage!"

"Un! Shira is the greatest masterpiece! Unlike your god-awful taste in aesthetics!" Deidara even had the nerve to make a disgusted face in front of Killer Bee... who could kill him with a single swing of his blade. Then again, there was Shira on Deidara's side, right? What was there to be afraid of?

Meanwhile, Suigetsu bared his sharp teeth at Killer Bee. Just like Deidara, he had nothing to be afraid of with Shira present. He might not be strong enough to confront the Kumo-nin but with their leader there, escape was a certainty if things get rough. "Oi, Tailed Beast Host or whatever the hell you go by—" there was no way Suigetsu's calling him Killer Bee.

"— we ain't here to fight so can you not insult our leader like that?" The white-haired teen sighed in a rather dramatic fashion. "And here we though we could warn you about an incoming danger."

All of a sudden, Killer Bee reacted. His gaze stared right at Suigetsu who stiffened when he sensed the intensity. A drop of sweat slid down his cheek. "Sheesh, just listen, will 'ya?" Suigetsu thought he finally got through the opposition's head but the grin that seemed to spread on his tan skin proved otherwise.

"Bakayarō! Konoyarō! To bump into the Scarlet Flash, the Eight Tail's killer bee wantin' a spar and give 'ya a thrashin'!"

Without warning, Killer Bee had already unsheathed all his seven blades and advanced towards Shira. The unorthodox way he handled the several blades in his possession caught the Uzumaki by surprise. By instincts, she summoned her spear and tried to block as many strikes as possible sent by Killer Bee.

Despite the odd way he used his swords, each strike was performed with the utmost accuracy that astonished Shira. The overwhelming attack force of Killer Bee pushed her back, startling Team Hibana. They thought that it would be easy for Shira to confront the Eight Tails' host in a one-on-one fight.

The speed of which they exchanged blows was invisible to the naked eye. Team Hibana barely kept up; the only thing they could really see was a pair of red and white flash. Unexpectedly, something shiny flew their way and buried itself into the ground just a few centimeters away from Deidara's feet. It was the blade of Shira's spear.

"That... was my favorite one." Aghast, Shira gaped at the sight of her broken spear. Some distance across from her, Killer Bee stopped as well and openly stared at her look of disbelief.

His next actions, however, dumbfounded the entirety of Team Hibana. Killer Bee whipped out a pad of paper and pencil from his pouch and began writing down something with such an enthusiastic face. "Great! A rhyme too good, never written too late!" Team Hibana was not sure if they should be astounded or put off by it.

They were in a middle of battle... right?

What was he doing writing down something?!

Hell, it was him who started the fight to begin with!

"That... was my favorite one, 'ttebane." She repeated with an innocent smile. Just like it had been years ago, Shira's crimson locks began to sway in the air, a murderous aura rolled off her like violent waves. She had taken care of that spear with great care, dammit! And now it was split apart by someone who she could have gone head-to-head with?!

For some reason, Killer Bee felt death loom over him. Unexpectedly, he failed to realize the chakra chains that burrowed into ground, travelling through solid earth, and broke through beneath Killer Bee. It startled him and that brief pause of his became the reason why the chakra chains managed to capture him.

Then, much to Team Hibana's surprise, Shira summoned another spear but instead of something similar to her favorite, what she held in her hands was a single double bladed spear that was pointed threateningly right at Killer Bee's right eye. Without no one noticing, the furious Uzumaki had already hiraishined right in front of the Kumo-nin.

"Do you understand what you just did? My team might jave said I was patient and thoughtful but there's more than that in a person, 'ttebane!" If the guy who broke her spear was any other ninja, she would have murdered him a hundred times over. However, this guy was the Eight Tails' Host; someone who was similar to her precious twin. That was why she took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

Meanwhile, Suigetsu was ready to hold Shira back if she went on a rampage, the rest of the team having the swordsman back.

"Let's talk, shall we?" Shira finally breathed out. For the most part, that spear of hers was already old. Maybe she could just practice with this double bladed one?

Killer Bee did not even try to struggle and agreed to her words.

He kinda liked the feistiness of this girl!

*hides in the corner* holy cheesecakes, I cringe at the dialogue I made for Killer Bee