Shippuden Extra 2

.

.
"What should we do, Kaka-sensei?"

"... I'm not sure. I don't know anyone else who's as proficient in seals as Shira."

"Kaka-sensei, what happened?!"

"There was an accident. Someone tampered—"

She awoke abruptly with a gasp, trying to catch her breath after sleeping for who knows how long. Bright wide eyes flickered with panic before they surveyed the surroundings with a critical look. After a few moments of observing, she finally recognized the place she was in.

"Oh," she let out a breath of relief. "It was just my room."

Uzumaki Shira removed the blanket covering her feet and stretched her limbs as she got off her bed. Last night had been filled with nothing but paperwork from the office and her boss dumping in two new whole stacks of them on her desk. "Why'd I take a desk job again?" Because after a year of doing it, she realized how mundane it could be.

Then again, she had hoped for a life where she could relax and laze around so why did it feel like that something was missing?

She didn't even notice how but when she took a step forward, she lost her balance and fell face first onto her bedroom floor. Her nose ended up taking the brunt of it as a small trickle of blood dripped down her chin. "Great," she mumbled under her breath, the words coming out muffled as she laid there. "What a morning this was turning out to be."

As she headed for the bathroom to get some cotton from her medicine cupboard, she noticed something... odd. The moment she closed the cupboard, she found herself looking at the mirror, at her reflection, and something felt... wrong. It was just the same reflection she sees every single day but something didn't feel right at all. However, she couldn't pinpoint out what it was.

There was nothing out of the ordinary. It was just her looking plain with black hair and black eyes—

Wait, she heard alarm bells ringing inside her head. Black hair and black eyes? Shira glanced at her reflection once more and the wrongness of everything became stronger. The more she looked at it, the more she observed herself, the more it felt like everything was a dream.

The sound of doorbell ringing repeatedly pulled her out of her stupor.

As she walked to her apartment's door, she couldn't help but notice how all of it just seemed wrong. Why was there only ome room? One pair of indoor slippers? There should have been a frog-themed clock hanging at the living room wall but it was replaced by an ordinary-looking one.

Once she reached out to open the door, it revealed a close-eyed smiling... Uchiha? "You know you are late for work, aren't you, Shira?" Across from her stood Uchiha Itachi, looking at her with a bemused smile. "I'm guessing you just got out of bed with—" and as he opened his eyes, those dark beady eyes zeroed in on her red nose, a cotton ball stopping the bleeding.

Almost instantly, Shira was startled when Itachi cupped her face in his hands, a flash of worry flickering in those eyes of his. "What happened?" His thumb brushed past her cheeks before he ushered her back inside the apartment. The startled Shira could only obey him as he made her seat on the couch before going to another room.

... what exactly is up with me?

Shira furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.  It looked as if Itachi was fairly familiar with her place, already knowing where the bathroom and first-aid kit were. When he arrived back to the room, her eyes followed him as Itachi knelt down in front of her and tended to her bloody nose. It was silent between them before the Uchiha's eyes connected with hers.