Shippuden Act 32

.

.

"After all, your form of bonding is chopping off the limbs one by one before beheading your toy."

"Geh— don't remind me! And shut up, what if Shira heard ya?! I'd get my ass kicked without even realizing it if she did!"

(In the background, Deidara heard the conversation between the Hōzuki brothers and mentally noted everything down. Hmph! Let's see you try and escape Shira's clutches when we get back -un!)

The two of them exchanged more blows, sparks flying off every time their weapons clashed. Suigetsu's goal was to retrieve the swords of all Seven Swordsmen and it used to be to defeat Kisame but in that moment, his goal was to defeat Mangetsu; the swordsman who learned to wield all seven swords!

And after that, I'll test myself against Shira!

.

.

For once, Shira questioned something about her life. Why was her twin brother so smart when they needed him to be out of the loop? Apparently, Killer Bee, Karin, and Jugo helped her brother escape the island. Naru... the redhead let out a sigh in defeat, knowing that he would never change his mind after deciding on something.

"Shira," Tsunade called. "I need you and Itachi to serve as backup for Darui's unit. The Raikage and I will deal with Killer Bee and Naruto."

"But—"

"That's an order."

Even of she insisted, Shira knew without a doubt that Tsunade would never allow her to intercept Naruto. The Lady Hokage knew that one word from the blond twin and this girl's will would break in an instant. She would probably deal with the obstacles along the way so that her brother could join the front lines sooner.

A scowl painted the kunoichi's lips but there was nothing else she could do. This was war, after all. Her personal feelings could come later but at the moment, she could only have faith in her brother. Besides, she sent Karin and Jugo with him for a reason.

Once the redhead agreed, Tsunade sighed in relief. Shira was invaluable to the main force, after all. "Itachi's eyes need more time to adjust in a high-paced battle so he'll be your support at first." The old hag explained, looking straight at Shira's amethyst eyes. "Shira, there's no need to hold back this time around."

The redhead mirrored the smirk on Tsunade's face as the space-time user summoned her spear, giving it a few taps. "Understood, old hag." She didn't even give Tsunade enough time to complain about her way of address when Shira hiraishined away to pick up Itachi somewhere in the headquarters.

The Uchiha didn't even flinch when she patted his shoulder. "You ready?" He chuckled under his breath as he lifted the bandages around his head, revealing those deep onyx eyes that shined under the light. Although there was a hint of amusement, a solemn look dominated those pair of black pools the most.