Act 30

In a nearby village, there was a certain ice user who stopped by to eat some food. Real food and not ration bars. Honestly, if he doesn't eat right now, he'll collapse back on the way to his village. These past few days while he was on his mission, he only ate those disgusting ration bars.

His chakra was almost depleted by doing back-to-back missions nonstop. Even so, he was happy to serve his new home. He had a new purpose in life and he's sure Zabuza is happy for him. Actually, he can't wait until he gets back! He bought some souvenir for his friends.

He wonders of Naruto likes frogs. Okay, so might not have the best taste in things but it was an adorable backpack! Haku smiled to himself. Alright, so he does have an awful taste for things. He was fifteen turning sixteen and he still finds that kind of stuff adorable.

Who wouldn't be?

The ice user ignored the obvious giggling of girls and the obvious men who were eyeing him. In his opinion, they were disgusting, men mostly. So, he's a guy himself but at least he doesn't eye girls the way they do. And he's not a girl. Not a girl. He may look like one but no, just stop it.

Soon, the dango he ordered arrived. Haku smiled at the old lady and handed her his pay. "Thank you, Obaa-san." The old lady returned his smile. "It's nothing, young man." At least, there are those who are able to tell he's a guy. Mostly those who are aged.

He took a bite and savored the taste. He honestly forgot what they tasted like because all his tongue tasted these past days were ration bars. I hope I don't have to eat those for the next few weeks again. Haku thought. Now, he wonders if the headband he bought would look great on Neji. They both have beautiful, silky hair, after all.

Then, the dress would fit the young Hyuga well. If you haven't realized it yet, Haku is going to humiliate the Hyuga in front of his team. After finishing his dango, he bid the old woman who runs the shop farewell as he set on his way back to the village.

Maybe he should take a detour to that clearing he saw one time. He could relax there for a few minutes before heading home. Yeah, maybe he should. He could also go over the stuff he bought for his friends, to make sure he has everything.

He was near but what are those chakra signatures he's sensing? It felt... hostile. Haku narrowed his eyes and picked up his pace. Somehow, the one chakra signature out of the two seems familiar to him. He landed on the branch of a tree at the edge. Where he is, he can see a blur of green fighting a blob of white.

Haku squinted his eyes more. Lee-san! The ice user thought in alarm. He wasn't supposed to be doing something strenuous! Haku quickly rushed to the battle and intervened. He blocked the enemy's attack and picked up Lee from midair. He landed ways away from the enemy.

He checked the condition of his friend. He was beaten up and he looks like he hasn't healed fully yet. "Lee-san! What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be resting?!" The taijutsu boy opened his eyes, squinting a bit since the light is obstructing his view. "Haku-san..."

Haku was oblivious to the widening of Lee's opponent's eyes. A look of recognition flashing through them.

"... Shira-san... she has left the village." Haku stiffened. Did he hear it right? Did Lee just say that Shira left the village? "... Naruto-kun and Sasuke-kun... are going after her now." Before Haku could reply, he picked up Lee and dodged the incoming projectile. A... bone?!

When he took a good look at his opponent, he recognized him. "Kimimaro?" He questioned as he landed. He put Lee behind him and faced his opponent. The latter nodded. "It's been a long time, Haku." The feminine boy stood up as he readied himself.