Act 3: "Ah, it's Pervy-san."

.

.

"Nee-san! Sakura-chan! Let's eat together!"

The redhead was fast asleep and Shino didn't bother waking her up since she already had a human alarm clock. "Nee-san! Nee-san!" The blonde pouted as he stare down at her face. "Shira-kun! Let's go eat together with Sasuke-kun!" The pink haired girl arrived, a bento box in her hands.

"Shira, it's lunch time."

Both of them jumped a little from the new voice and realized that it was Sasuke, both his hands inside of his pocket. He refused to look at the dobe or his fangirl. The Uchiha was still rather bitter about what happened earlier, he really wished his first kiss was with her and not her loser of a brother. "She's eating with us, right, Sakura-chan?"

"Shut it, Naruto. Shira-kun's eating with me and Sasuke-kun, ne , Sasuke-kun?"

"..."

"You three... shut up." Naruto instantly stepped back. A nervous chuckle escaped his lips and started walking backwards. Sasuke and Sakura raised an eyebrow at his actions and gave him a confused look when he started moving his hands like he wanted to say something. "What? Just speak, Naruto!" He yelped and ran away. Suddenly, the two remaining teammates of the Uzumaki Twins felt a chilling aura behind them.

"Shut... up, dattebane." They had caught her gaze and they should have wished they have never seen her glowing demonic eyes.

.

.

The first time Kakashi met the redhead, she surprised him for what? Four or five times? He had witnessed the intelligence his former mentor also possessed in her. Although that was the case, the little one was just as adorable as her parents expected her to be. Huh... Kakashi blinked. I hope that didn't sound wrong.

The next time he met her was by the Memorial Stone. He was surprised when he saw her there, knees tucked in. Could she possibly know her lineage? It wouldn't surprise him if she was. "I didn't expect to see you here, little Shira-chan." He tried not to sound creepy but from the looks of it, he failed.

"You too, Kakashi-san."

Sitting down beside her, his Icha Icha still in his hand, he asked, "Who are you mourning for, Shira-chan?" He wanted to confirm if she really did know her parents. "My... our parents..."

"Did someone tell you?"

"Nah, it's not much of a surprise that Naru-naru looks like the Yondaime on the monument. Besides, our last name's Uzumaki. Only idiots wouldn't figure that out."

Silence had accompanied them after that. Kakashi, too, was mourning for his fallen comrades. Comrades that he had failed to protect but now, he wondered if he was strong enough to protect his sensei's legacies. He wondered that if he ever did pass a Genin team, would he be able to protect them unlike his past failures?

"Hey, Kakashi-san?"

"Yes?"

"What are you reading?"

Kakashi instantly choked on air, the eerie and sentimental atmosphere surrounding the two dissipating along with his chokes. He finally composed himself and sweated buckets. What should he do?! Shit, he should have put it away earlier! How would he explain the cover?!

"Nevermind." He had sighed in relief but suddenly noticed the disgusted expression on her face.

"Pervert..."