Shippuden Act 8

If there was one thing that she didn't like at the moment, it would be the fact that Kabuto was inside her room, staring down at her with that false smile on his lips. "What are you doing here, Kabuto?" That venomous smirk on his lips grated on her nerves; a fact the older teen knew, of course, and used it to his heart's content. If someone asked her who she hates the most right now, she would say Kabuto's name in a moment's notice. "Orochimaru-sama asked me to take care of the poison. I told him it was something even your abnormal chakra couldn't handle."

A click of her tongue made him chuckle in amusement. "What kind of poison do we have today then?" A sadistic glint was reflected in his eyes, showing her a syringe filled with the venom she would intake for the day. "Don't worry, it's just the poison of a black mamba." He said with humor. Shira mentally winced, never letting her blank facade so much as twitch. Kabuto liked getting reactions out of her blank expression, and she wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of seeing her in pain.

It annoyed her how he usually injects strong venomous poisons on a daily basis sometimes. It would last for a month before he changes the venom into something milder. Once the venom entered her bloodstream, her entire body shook in pain but she never showed it on her face. Droplets of sweat appeared on her forehead, sliding down her cheeks and dripping from her chin. A shaky breath left her lips, and this made Kabuto frown. He was expecting more reaction than that but...

Oh, well, he thought with a nonchalant shrug. I'll just have to find something stronger next time. Should I give her the same one I injected into her when we sparred last time? He thought with a sickly-sweet smile on his face. "I'll be on my way then, Shira-sama." With that half-hearted farewell, Kabuto left the room. Once Shira sensed that he was out of earshot, a pained gasp escaped her lips, her abnormal chakra eating away the venom in her system.

"Dammit... Dammit..." She groaned under her ragged breaths, lying down on her uncomfortable bed, and started clawing at the sheets. "Dammit!" Having this cursed chakra of hers; it frustrated her. Knowing that it helped her and at the same time, slowly ate away her sanity just fueled her ire to no end. A few hours had already passed and the poison finally vanished from her bloodstream.

She took a quick shower to cool herself down, her teeth digging into her lower lip in frustration. One day, she thought with malice. I'm going to slaughter him. She wore her usual garbs whenever she wasn't training. Making sure that neither Orochimaru nor Kabuto was in the area, she flashed away from the hideout. She appeared in the village where she usually meets up with Itachi.

Once there, she took in a deep breath... and wondered if there were some prey in the area that she could direct her frustration at. Her right eye twitched from the phantom pain, her fingers twitching in response. Honestly, she hated that she couldn't do a thing against those bastards - especially Kabuto. She just casually took a stroll around the little village, greeting the usual old people that recognized her.

She basked in the peacefulness, the silence, the warmth. She rarely gets to leave the hideout since Kabuto or Orochimaru would usually be there, and more often than not, it was Kabuto who was watching over her nowadays. In which case, the both of them would always be on each other's throat. Her chakra suddenly flickered in and out. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, the way it felt was like as if one of her marked kunais were nearby.

But she was certain she had left everything back at the hideout.

Shira had come to a decision.

.

.

.

"ASUMA-SENSEI!"

His sensei's name left his lips. His voice was filled with desperation and horror. Tears appeared in the corner of his eyes. No... No... whatever he was seeing, it couldn't be true! There was no way his sensei would be easily defeated! There was just no way! While running, he tripped over a rock. His vision was ruined by the tears glistening in his eyes. The blood... the wound... his face...