Act 19: "Don't leave me."

.

.

Naruto frowned deep that lines appeared om his forehead. "Are we there yet?" The blond asked for like the thousandth time. Jiraiya was sure that by the time they found Tsunade, his head would be free of hair from all his pulling. "Ugh, ya little brat, it's only been twenty minutes."

The blond whimpered. He could have been looking for his sister right now. He could have been apologizing right now. He could have been... hanging out with her. Ack, I wanna go back and search for nee-san, 'ttebayo! the blond thought dejectedly.

The person he thought they were going to find wouldn't take longer than a day but months? They were going to search for this person for months?! He could have already be forgiven at that point.

He could never get mad at his twin sister, never. She was the only one he had to remind him that he was never alone in the first place... that someone had always been by his side through tough times.

The hurt that flashed through her features when he yelled at her was something that would haunt him forever. She looked so brokenhearted. It was killing him in the inside, knowing that Shira probably liked Sasuke more then him now.

If he wasn't so sensitive, if he wasn't so hard of hearing, if he only listened, then maybe he wouldn't have to spend his days away from her. She could have been by his side right now searching for that person the old pervert wanted to find. She could have been teaching him something new.

Something only the both of them knew. Like those made up codes. They could be bad-mouthing this Pervy Sage and he wouldn't even know about it. He would be left clueless and the both of them would be making fun of him. An adventure without her was like an adventure without thrill.

It felt lonely without his sister. He could still remember the time when he was bullied so badly that Shira almost killed those men. Yes, men, not children. Shira was fast asleep back then, refusing to get up since she slept so late the night before because of some scroll she found in their closet.

So, he decided to take the initiative- er, what does that mean again? Well, he decided to buy breakfast himself for him and his twin... and those drunk men came out of nowhere. They decided to beat him up just for fun. He didn't know how long he was being beaten up but it felt like it was for eternity as he had whimpered his sister's name.

The only thing he could think of at the time was his sister. I'm glad... that nee-san is safe. She... she doesn't need to see me like this... But much to his surprise, his redhead of a sister appeared out of nowhere and charged at those men with a look of murder. The glare fixated on her face sent shivers down his spine.

She was so scary but he was so relieved. Someone came for him. Someone came to save him. His sister was there.

It happened in a blink of an eye or was he falling in and out of consciousness? He wasn't clear headed anymore but he did know that when Shira almost killed them, two masked men appeared and held her back. One knocked her out and it had been the last thing he saw before fainting.

.

.

"Kid..." Naruto snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Jiraiya. "... what's with your sister?"

"Huh?! You saying something's wrong with her, dattebayo?!" The white-haired man raised both his hands in defense. "I didn't say that. Sheesh, calm down." The blond huffed in annoyance. "I meant, what's with her being a genin?" Naruto raised an eyebrow. "What? What's wrong with being a genin?"

"There's nothing wrong with it-" man, talking with this brat about his sister is such a pain "- and with your sister being such a genius, shouldn't she be a Chunin or Jounin by now? Her skills are unmatched from what I've seen." The blond frowned. He didn't like this subject.