Shippuden Act 34: "resentment"

War took the lives of many but with everyone's joint efforts, the casualties were a lot less than they expected at first.

However, the war has yet to reach its climax.

With the appearance of Uchiha Madara on the battlefield at Sunagakure, it alarmed everyone. If Uchiha Madara was revived through Edo Tensei, who was the masked man that declared war on all the nations?

Back to Shira protecting ground zero with Manda, her amethyst eyes narrowed into a sharp glare. Tobi called himself Uchiha Madara... perhaps this Tobi has a connection with Madara himself? No idiot nor genius would use that person's name for no reason, after all. It's a name that strikes fear into the hearts of all people.

It seemed like she had one more thing up her plate.

To figure out who Tobi was and why exactly did he wage war for this Eye of the Moon Plan.

What a drag.

.

.

Faster.

Faster.

Be one minute faster.

A second earlier.

Be one millisecond quicker!

I can't afford to slow down!

Mountains and mountains of chakra spread across the nations. A dark chakra filled with deep resentment that could make anyone submit. Yet this dark chakra belonged to none other than Shira whose clones were spread all over the battlefield.

They saved and saved and saved until the clones ran out of chakra. Her current goal was to save as many comrades as possible. Expending her chakra for the sake of others, even strangers she had never even met, was something she never thought she would do.

For as long as she could remember, it had always been her twin brother. It had always been Naruto who she would prioritize above all.

Not the world.

Not the village.

And most definitely not herself.

Her world revolved around her brother; everyone else was an afterthought.

But with him being so bright, no matter how hard their lives were, she couldn't help but grow anxious.

What if the world hurt her brother to the point he would lose that light inside himself?

What if the world snuffed out the comforting ember burning brightly inside his eyes?

What if the world... took Naruto away from her?

The mere thought crushed her.

So what if it did happen?

Perhaps she would forsake the world just to bring him back.

But Naruto wouldn't want that.

Thus, Shira took the opposite path of what she wanted to take. Instead of forsaking the world, she would make the world a place where her brother could live in without losing the light he held. Every step she took, all of them had Naruto in mind.

Every calculation, every thought, every plan; all of them were made to make Naruto live a life he deserved.

Every little thing she did was for the sake of her little brother's smile.

A millisecond faster to save everyone!

A millisecond faster to protect the people my brother wants to protect!