Shippuden Act 23

.

.

"I don't know if I should be happy that Naru-naru isn't sad anymore or be depressed that I actually died. Well, my priorities are already screwed anyway so whatever." It had felt like she had been in this dark empty space for quite a while but Shira knew it had only been just a matter of seconds.

And so, the teen laid there, unmoving and bored. She ended up staring into the darkness, bored out of her mind. There was no sound of nature, just her deep and steady breaths. "The hell am I going to do with Team Hibana?" Her thoughts wandered to that team she made on a whim.

In all honesty, she never really meant to pick those three up from Orochimaru's hands. Kill them. That was what she had planned for all of those under that snake's control. However, after bathing in blood again and again and again in those two and a half years, she got tired of it. Dark red blood stained her fingers from morning till night. The scent of blood often lingered around her and sometimes, no matter how hard she scrubbed her skin raw, that smell stayed.

She had to resort to asking Kabuto to make something that removes the scent of blood.

"... maybe that's the reason why I didn't kill that prick at that time. Ah, then again, he wasn't at the base. That was just a shadow clone." The hiraishin seal hadn't been on him and wherever his real body was, it was too far away as well. "I feel like I'm going to regret sparing that bastard medic's life."

The Uzumaki turned around and laid on her side before apprehension overtook her features. "... shit, I was pretty sure Dei-dei planted one of his clay creations on me." Shira grabbed a handful of her hair and began pulling them in agitation. After that, the poor girl rolled around the ground like some kind of child throwing a tantrum.

"Shiiiiiiiit, Suigetsu and Karin might charge into the village and destroy everything and Jugo might let his bloodlust run free and kill everyone and— well, no, the village's already destroyed but daaaaaaamnnnnn. What kind of shit did I do in my past life to deserve this?!"

"It was probably because of your dirty mouth, young lady."

Purple eyes shot wide open in surprise. I didn't sense anyone! Shira quickly got back on her feet and prepared her fist but all that tension left her muscle when she realized that she was looking at someone who was a mirror image of her. Well, almost. The woman before her had the same red hair but a shade lighter, same violet eyes but a different shade than hers.

Without even exchanging words between them, she already knew who that woman was. "K-Kaa-san."

An irk mark popped on the older redhead's forehead. "That's your first reaction when you see me, 'ttebane? You're not even going to hug your mother? You even look appalled to see me!" Shira took a step back when Kushina's hair began to float behind her.

"W-Wait, Kaa-san, please calm down—!"

whack

A moment later, mother and daughter could be found facing each other where Shira was on her knees, a prominent bump on her head, and Kushina standing before her with a pout. Shira waited for her mother's lecture but it never came. Instead, a hand pulled her into a warm hug. "Kaa-san..."

"I'm sorry."

A frown curved on her lips.

"I'm sorry, Shira-chan."

"There's no need to apologize..."

"Shira-chan, do you hate us?"

It was a question Shira dreaded answering because she knew she wouldn't be able to lie anymore. Not after she lied to Naruto for so long. "I used to hate you," the younger redhead admitted and hurt flashed through Kushina's eyes. "I really, really hated you. On top of my hatred for some villagers, I was on the verge of actually leaving Konoha because of it, too."