Shippuden Act 31

.

.

Itachi suddenly hesitated, biting his lower lip as he immersed himself in his thoughts. After making a decision, he faced the redhead, hands clenching the bedsheet in his grasp. "Shira... after this, I have something I must tell you."

The redhead hummed, shooting him a curious glance. Even though she couldn't exactly tell what he felt right now, Shira was certain of one thing. Itachi sounded serious about it so that matter might be something incredibly important.

With eyebrows furrowed together, Uchiha Itachi inwardly sighed as he remembered something. Mine... I really want to call her that.

.

.

The Fourth Ninja War brewed silently amidst the preparation of all Shinobi Nation.

Uzumaki Shira stood on the platform where all squad leaders were at, eyeing the sea of ninjas below her. Much to her frustration, the old hag made her a squad leader where she only has herself as its member. She was hoping that she'd be assigned to where Naruto was but Lady Hokage was keen on separating them for the meantime.

"Shira-chan," Kakashi called with a close-eyed smile. "You're going to scare off some of our comrades. Why not take your chains away before it attacks someone?" The redhead furrowed her eyebrows before she realized what the copy-nin meant.

While she was busy cursing the old had, her chakra chains materialized subconsciously behind her, effectively intimidating the ninjas below. "My bad... it's cause the old hag didn't assign me to guard Naru. That and I'm separated from Hibana."

Suigetsu and Deidara had arrived earlier but Karin and Jugo were still accompanying her brother. Shark boy, and even Haku, was assigned to Kakashi's squad while Deidara was with the Ambush Squad under Kankuro's command. Sasuke was sent to Squad 2 under Kitsuchi's guidance.

It was only Itachi who hadn't been assigned to any squad and was ordered to stay at the headquarters with the rest of the Kages.

"Maa~ you're a one-woman army. You're the Shinobi Alliance's reinforcement, the only one capable of arriving in the nick—"

"Stop with the flattery, senpai. It's not working."

Kakashi rolled his eyes at his junior's unamused tone. "You get the point so stop sulking, Shira-chan. After all these, you can waste all your time away with Naruto." The redhead snorted at that yet her eyes softened. The twins did plan on travelling together after everything.

I really want to spend some quality time with Naru-naru, 'ttebane. Much to Kakashi's surprise, flowers began to bloom around the usually stern redhead as she fantasized about her and her twin's future destinations. The sight of Shira acting like a child amused Kakashi.

He couldn't remember the last time she acted like that. "Ah, kaa-san did say I should take more care of myself so I guess I should just trust Hibana to take care of other things." The copy-nin was about to focus his attention to the ninjas below when he heard what his former student had just muttered.

The poor Hatake choked on air due to shock. Kushina-san..?!

The pair soon gave their attention to the sea of ninjas, watching as arguments broke out from some squads. It wasn't all that surprising, considering that they have been enemies in the past. Yet at this moment, they were supposed to work together.

"What did you say?! You want a piece of me?!" Amethyst eyes flickered towards the commotion down below, noticing a pair of ninjas getting heated up. "Yeah! Suna killed my dad! So maybe I'll kill you now!" Beside the redhead, Kakashi sighed. He was only thankful that no one was coming after him this time.