OVA 1

They were polar opposites, the Hokage mused and yet, they were also exactly alike. Uzumaki Naruto was a carbon copy of their mother, personality wise, while his looks were mostly of that of their father's.

On the other hand, Uzumaki Shira was the carbon copy of their father, personality wise, and yet, has the Nara's procrastination while his looks were more of that of their mother's.

It's safe to say that they're inseparable and did everything together.

oooOooo

"Nii-san! Nii-san! Wake up! Wake up! It's our first day in the Academy!!"

Uzumaki Naruto was a loud kid, which was an understatement. It was their first day in the Academy and his lazy brother was still asleep. The blonde pouted but suddenly grinned, an idea popping inside his head. He snickered quietly to himself. Naruto jumped on top of his redhead brother, making him gasp for breath in shock. 

Naruto grinned in success and laughed in triumph. Though, pouted soon after when his brother just lied there motionlessly before closing his eyes once more. Naruto's jaw dropped in exasperation. "You've got to be kidding me!" He exclaimed to no one in particular.

He huffed and crossed his arms across his chest. "I'll be going to school myself, stupid Nii-san!" Naruto whined inwardly as he stomped his way to school.

It has been over two hours when Uzumaki Shira woke up, only to find his brother no where in their apartment. He stared at the ceiling for a few seconds before sitting down. "I forgot... we go to the Academy today..." He sighed.

Shira didn't bother hurrying, since he's late already anyways. After taking a ten minute shower, he wore a pair of black pants and a dark orange shirt. He stared at the ceiling for no reason at all for a few minutes before leaving their apartment.

As he walked through the village, he took in the late morning scene. Everyone was busy and was full of gossip. He stopped over at Ichiraku's to buy some lunch for him and his twin. "Teuchi-san, two miso ramen to go, please." He said before yawning.

Teuchi chuckled. "Not worried about being late, Shira-kun?" The redhead boy nodded with teary eyes. Why can't he just stay home, marry his bed and sleep forever? "Hmmm... Naru-naru is waiting for me." 

Teuchi handed the young Uzumaki his order. Before the boy could get his money to pay, Teuchi stopped him. "It's on the house. Good luck on your first day at the Academy." Shira's exhausted expression vanished as he excitedly grinned at Teuchi.

"Thanks a lot, Teuchi-san!" Shira grabbed the packed ramen and waved goodbye to Teuchi. "It's a shame he isn't your age, Ayame." The girl at the back pouted. "Mou~ stop it already, Tou-san. Sure it's a shame but I'm pretty sure I can't talk to him if he's all grown up and attract every girl."

Teuchi chuckled at his daughter.

On the way to the Academy, the Uzumaki kept fiddling with his necklace with the Uzumaki crest on it. He wasn't really worried about being late, he could careless about it. He was more worried about having to walk to school. Every. Day. Every. Morning.

It took him half an hour to reach school when it was only a ten minute walk from Ichiraku's to here. Well, Shira does like to take his time. He knocked on the door and waited for it to open. The door opened and revealed a man with a scar running across his nose. "Uhm, are you Shira-kun?" The redhead boy nodded with half lidded eyes.

His stare unnerved the man before him, Shira noted. The man let Shira inside and the whole class silenced down. "Everyone, please welcome your... late classmate. Please introduce yourself." That... was a nice way to put it. Shira was sure he was three hours late.