Shippuden Act 12

"Shiraaaaaaaaaaaa, let's rest~"

The short-haired redhead resisted the urge to face palm and smack water boy upside the head. It hadn't even been that long since they'd taken a rest. "Will you shut up?!" Karin screeched right beside Suigetsu's ear. Jugo, on the other hand, glanced at Shira with a wary look. The obvious annoyance painting her face was visible to anyone. Heck, her eye kept twitching and if he didn't know any better, he would have thought that their leader was having an attack or something.

"You're the one who keeps mumbling shit, you hag!"

"Shut the hell up, kappa!"

A concerned look crossed Jugo's features as he tapped the girl on the shoulder. Shira blinked and glanced at Jugo. "I'm fine," she paused, contemplating if she should end it there or not. "But those two won't be if they keep that up." The tall male let a wary smile curve on his lips, suddenly worried for the sake of those two who kept acting like children. It was as if Karin and Suigetsu heard her because the next she knew, the idiot duo had shut up.

"By the way," the water boy spoke up after moments of silence. Karin gave him an annoyed glare while Shira hummed in response. "Where are we going? It better not be somewhere in the Sand. I'll practically boil over there." The short-haired Uzumaki shot her fellow redhead a look, causing the latter to pout and look away.

"We'll be meeting up with someone who has information on the Akatsuki. Your priority in this mission is not to let anyone come near us. When I mean anyone, I mean every single living being. Karin, your range is larger than mine. I'm counting on you to sense anyone who gets too close. Jugo, Suigetsu, I'm counting on you to get rid of any pursuers." Shira didn't need to look at them as she informed them of their roles.

Joy painted Karin's featured while Jugo let out a small smile and a soft nod to her words. On the other hand, Suigetsu groaned. He could hear Shira's unsaid words! There would be no killing... or maiming... or chopping off limbs in this mission. It was a bit of a drag but at the moment, he didn't mind it that much. After all, he needed to reacquaint himself with kubikiribocho. "Shira~"a bottle thrown his way quickly shut him up and he grinned at the woman who threw it at him.

"Thanks!"

"Stop being such a brat! You're annoying Shira-kun!" Karin pointed a finger at him and the former Mizu-nin rolled his eyes. He ignored the banshee as he gulped down all the water, and he let out a satisfied sigh as he finished it. "Man, where do you even hide all these bottles?" Because for the past two hours, Suigetsu had finished at least fifteen bottles and he hadn't seen where and when Shira had refilled them. When said woman showed him her hand, water boy let his lips curve upwards in amusement.

"You have a storage seal on your hand?"

"Yes. It's where I keep my spear, too, so I suggest you back off before I accidentally summon it and picks out your eye." The way those words left her was way too indifferent! Suigetsu didn't really understand her. In fact, why even go after the entire Akatsuki when it didn't even have any connection to the Leaf? He would have thought that Shira would have gone after her former village as soon as she gathered all three of them.