Act 27: "all good things will end"

"Nee-san, let's go out and eat!"

"I'm sorry. My leader is expecting me for training, Naru. Maybe next time."

.

.

"Nee-san, you promised to train with us today. Let's go, ttebayo!"

"... apologies, it seems like I have to break my promise, Naru. I have an important mission today."

"Oh... I see... then, be careful, ttebayo!"

.

.

"Nee-san, are you going away on a mission again?"

"No. Come here, Naru-naru. Let's sleep together tonight. I'm sorry for always breaking my promises."

"It's okay! I understand you're working hard for the village, ttebayo!"

"Shush, Naru. You're going to wake the neighbors."

"Ehehe, sorry."

.

.

"Can we hang out today, nee-san?"

"Not today. Maybe next time, kay, Naru?"

"Okay..."

.

.

"Maa why do my cute little genins look so depressed today?" Kakashi chirped happily.

His students groaned.

The silver-haired jounin was seven hours late when they were supposed to meet up during six in the morning.

The Copynin clapped his hands together rather loud, annoying his students further. "Today, we're going on an A-Rank mission!" This caught their attention but not enough to look at him. Kakashi inwardly grinned, knowing that the words he would say next would lift their spirits up.

"Pervert-senpai, are you guys ready yet?"

The familiar voice jolted the three genins out of their stupor while Kakashi groaned. He hadn't even told them the good news yet! "Maa you're way too early, Shira-chan."

The redhead shrugged her shoulders, a small smile adorning her features.

"You're just late, Pervert-senpai." Kakashi nonchalantly dismissed the fact that his pride took another blow, even though it was already so small. How many points was Shira's ahead again? He couldn't remember anymore.

On the side, three genins were frozen solid while staring at them.

"Anyways, we'll meet at the village gates in ten. Make sure not to be late, senpai." She gave him a stern look, knowing that he'd probably be late a few minutes to irritate her.

Kakashi shot her a close-eyed smile. "We'll be there, Shira-chan."

"I'll see you later. I have to get the scroll at the Mission Desk." She then flashed away.

Kakashi faced his students, acting like Shira didn't appear right before them just then. "As I was saying earlier, the mission is to deliver a scroll to the Fire Daimyo. The village is in a stable state now, after all."

He paused before continuing. "Jounin and Chuunin alike have been worked to the bone so Genin Teams are being deployed to do B- to A-Rank missions. It's recommended that at least one team has two jounins when handling important documents." Kakashi gave them one of his confusing close-eyed smiles.