3.2 - Asher Adams

"I hope you're ready to soar! Get it? 'Cause we're the Eagles," JJ said over the intercom. Asher chuckled as he walked down the hallway with Y/N's hand in his.

"So, are you ready to sore?" Y/N asked her boyfriend.

"I'm not soaring anywhere, babe. They clipped my wings last year."

Y/N heard the sadness in his voice. "Maybe you should do the morning announcements."

"Oh, yeah," Asher chuckled, appreciating her trying to cheer him up.

"Come on. It's all in the past, and you're clean now and the team needs you," she encouraged.

"Yeah, especially now that Spencer's gone," he said. Truthfully, he didn't want to talk about it because he didn't know what his football future holds now with a new coach he hasn't met yet. Lucky, the first morning bell rang and he was relieved he didn't have to talk about this anymore. "I'm this way. I'll see you after class," he said before he kissed her cheek and walked in the opposite direction.

"Hey, Y/N! Wait up," she turned around to see Lyla with a new girl walking towards her. "This is Vanessa. She's the new coach's daughter," Lyla introduced.

As Y/N reached in to shake her hand, she was hit with the memory of where she had seen Vanessa before. Vanessa was in a bikini that showed off her figure perfectly. She was walking towards the beach in Mexico, her perfect cheekly butt peeking out of her bikini bottoms, only to be scooped up by Asher. He lifted her up, causing her to let out a playful shriek. Asher laughed before he ran towards the ocean.

Y/N shook her head, trying her best to erase the memory. She dropped her hand, "I'm sorry. I got to go."

Lyla furrowed her eyebrows as she watched her friend walk away. It wasn't like Y/N to be rude. She knew something was up and she would ask her about it later when they were by themselves.

***

The coffee shop was filled with people. A couple of the football players were playing a game of pool. A group of freshmen sat at the big table in the back for their study group. Spencer had just gotten out of work and said a quick by to Lyla and Y/N. Lyla noticed Y/N didn't say bye to Spencer and she knew this was the perfect time to ask.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked, concerned. "You seem a bit off. Especially earlier with Vanessa." Y/N bit her lip, a nervous tick Lyla knew too well. She reached over to her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You can talk to me about anything. You know that right?"

Y/N took a deep breath and nodded. "I haven't exactly been honest about what happened after I left Vegas."

"Okay, where did you go?"

"I went to Mexico to surprise Asher, only I'm the one who got surprised. It was her, Vanessa. They were together at the beach."

"Oh my gosh." Lyla was completely surprised and would have never expected this from Asher. "So, what did you do?"

"I left. What else was I supposed to do?"

"I don't know. Maybe you should have gone up and talked to him," she suggested.

Y/N shook her head. "Asher still has no idea I was there and I want to keep it that way."

"He needs to know and you need to find out exactly what happened. You can just sit around with so many ideas of what might have happened. It's not good for you." Lyla got off her stool and walked around the table to give Y/N a big bear hug. "Also, I don't know why you don't want him to know, and you can tell me if I'm wrong with what I'm about to say, but if you're not telling him because you don't want things to end between you two, that's a sorry excuse. Because if something did happen between Asher and Vanessa, you deserve so much better than that."

Y/N sighed. Truth is, she doesn't know why she never told him about her surprised vist. They've been through so much together. However, this was different. She knew this would break them if her assumptions were true.

"I just need some more time," Y/N finally said.

Lyla patted her shoulder. "Okay. Just know i'm here for you."

"Thanks."