Jealousy (Cody x Reader)

Cody pulled his black baseball cap down as he walked towards the bleachers. The smell of popcorn and fresh cut grass filled the warm fall night. The bleachers were filled with alumni, their wives and business partners. As well, college students wearing their school colors. A few of them had their faces and bodies painted, showing more school spirit.

Cody looked up and noticed an empty seat on the second row. He climbed a couple of stairs and asked the guy if the seat was taken. When he said no, Cody sat down and scanned the soccer field. The guy next to him, kept side-eyeing him and Cody knew it. He either knew Cody or knew he wasn't from his school as Cody was wearing a black gym hoodie, black jeans, and white Vans. Clearly Cody did not attend this college or the other team.

"Who you here to see?" The guy next to him asked, curious to know why he was here if he wasn't a college student.

"How do you know I'm here to see someone?" Cody asked.

The guy chuckled. "You're not exactly wearing our school colors."

Cody laughed and nodded. "I'm here to see a friend."

"Oh, cool! I know everyone on the team. Who's your friend?"

Cody shook his head. "Not that team. That team," Cody pointed in the direction of the cheerleading squad in front of them.

"Ahhh," the guy nodded and gave him a knowing look. "Girlfriend?"

"No, just a friend," Cody lied as his eyes landed on Y/N, who had just finished her stretches. The truth was, he had been dating Y/N for a couple of months, but he wanted to keep it a low profile. Being famous comes with a spotlight and he wasn't ready to share that private part of his life just yet. Y/N knew and completely respected and supported his decision.

"Just a friend, huh?" The guy chuckled when he noticed Y/N wave and wink at Cody. Cody smiled and waved back before looking at the guy next to him. "Yeah, just a friend," Cody chuckled.

The soccer players made their way to the middle of the field. One guy stood in front of Y/N, ready in position, and Cody noticed the soccer player was smiling at her.

"Hi," he said. "You're cute."

"Umm, thanks," Y/N said, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Will you be cheering for me?" He flirted.

"You're not exactly on my team," Y/N said.

The whistle blew, signaling the start of the game. Before the guy took off, he said, "don't worry. You'll be so impressed with my skills, you'll be cheering for me in no time." He winked at her before he ran for the soccer ball.

Y/N brushed it off, thinking nothing of it, as she wasn't interested in him. Cody, on the other hand, saw the exchange. He was glad to see his girl wasn't flirting back, not that he would be worried. He knew she wasn't that kind of girl. However, he didn't like the soccer guy hitting on her. Though, it bugged him, he let it go.

As the game went on, Cody noticed how many times the soccer guy purposely got close to Y/N. Cody knew the game and he knew the soccer player doesn't need to be waiting or hanging around in front of Y/N all the time. Also, Cody couldn't hear what he was telling Y/N. He could see the smirks and winks he kept giving her. Cody's blood was boiling under his skin.

A player kicked the ball to the soccer player who had been flirting with Y/N throughout the game. He kicked and ran with the ball towards the goal. The soccer player kicked the ball hard a few feet away from the goal. He watched the ball fly and hoped it would go past the goalie and into the net to win the game. When it did, the soccer player jumped up before running towards Y/N.

Y/N smiled at him, "nice shot."

"Nice legs!" He winked as he jogged away from her.

Cody heard that. The soccer player wasn't even trying to be discreet. Cody looked at the scoreboard and there was a minute left in the game and Y/N's team was down by one point. Some people in the crowd were already making their way down the bleachers and towards their cars in the parking lot.

"Hey," Cody looked away from the bleachers and at the guy that had been sitting next to him throughout the game. "I really hate to ask this, especially when you're probably here just to have a good time, but could I get a picture with you? My girlfriend loves you and she will freak out when I tell her I met you."

Cody nodded. "Sure. No problem, man."

Cody and the guy kind of leaned closer together to fit into the camera screen and smiled. "I appreciate it, Cody."

"You're welcome," Cody said as he shook the guy's hand. "It was nice meeting you."

"Likewise," the guy said as they both made their way down the bleachers when the buzzard buzzed.

Cody made his way to the crowd on the field. The game was over and people were looking for their friends to congratulate them or take pictures. As he wondered around, a few fans had recognized him. Although they didn't stop him for pictures, they had their phones out to take pictures and videos of him. Within a few minutes, his fandom would know he was at a college soccer game, thanks to social media.

Cody saw Y/N huddled with her cheerleading friends. As he made his way towards her, he noticed that soccer player was also making his way towards her.

"Hey," the soccer player said, causing Y/N to turn around and face him.

"Hi," she said back. "Congrats on the win."

"Thanks," he smiled. "I was wondering if maybe you wanna celebrate with me. My teammates are having a party back on campus. Would you like to go with me?"

Y/N jumped when she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist. Her muscles relaxed when she recognized who it was and smelled the cologne she had gotten him for his birthday. She wasn't expecting anyone to do that, let alone Cody since they were in a public place.

"Sorry, she has plans with her boyfriend," Cody answered for her. She smiled at the soccer player as she placed her arms on top of Cody's and leaned back to his chest.

"Huh," the soccer player scratched the back of his neck, feeling extremely uncomfortable. "Sorry," he quickly apologized before he walked away from the couple and back towards his teammates.

Y/N chuckled before she turned around to face Cody. His arms never left her waist. She wrapped hers around his neck. "Is someone jealous?" She asked in a teasing tone.

"Yes. I did not like watching him flirt with you the entire game," he admitted.

"You're kind of cute when you're jealous," she smiled at him.

A smile broke on Cody's face. "Cuter than normal?"

"Yup," she popped the 'p' with her lips as she smiled widely at him. Cody leaned in, ready to capture her lips with his for a kiss. She pulled back and 'tsk-ed' at him. "Careful, someone might see us and know we're together."

"Let them know we're together," he said as he leaned in and kissed her in the middle of the soccer field for everyone to see.