Part 1: New Roommate (Asher Adams)

I put my book down as I heard a tap on my window. The clock read a little past midnight. I reached for my phone, only to see a dozen of text messages from Asher. The most recent one said, 'open your window!'

I quickly got out of my bed and rushed to the window across my bedroom. I push aside the curtain and immediately saw Asher in front of my window.

"Mind letting me in?" He asked as he pointed at the lock at the bottom of my window.

I quickly unlocked it and slid my window up. "What are you doing here?"

"Umm," he scratched the back of his head. He looked exhausted and tired, not just physically, but emotionally too. I looked down at the ground and noticed a couple of duffle bags. He had his school backpack on his back and his football bag slung over his right shoulder.

"What happened, Ash?" I asked.

"Are your parents home?"

I shook my head. "No, they're gone on a business trip. They won't be back for a couple of days. Why? What happened?"

"Good. Stand back," he ordered.

I don't know why I listened to him when he kept avoiding my questions, but I did what I was told anyways. I stood back and away from my window before he started tossing his bags through my window. I moved them to the side as each bag came in. Along with his backpack and football bag, Asher brought four duffle bags. I don't know what this meant. Was it his stuff? Was he planning some genius and crazy prank that involved him to carry everything in bags?

Asher grunted as he crawled through my window. I quickly helped him and tried not to let his weight knock me down. He held on to my arms as he stood up and puffed.

"You know, you could saved yourself the trouble and used the front door," I said, trying not to laugh.

Asher was about to say something, probably a smart ass comment, but then shut his mouth closed, probably remembering my parents weren't home. He shook his head, brushing off my comment.

"Asher, what is all of this stuff?" I kicked one of the duffle bags. "What? Are you planning on moving in?" I joked.

Asher stayed quiet for a few seconds before he nodded his head. He let out a heavy sigh before he spoke. "My dad kicked me out and I have no where else to go."

"What?!" My eyes widened. "What the hell happened, Asher? Why would he do that to you?"

"My dad said I should go live with my mom since I'm not on the football team anymore. I told him mom wants nothing to do with us, and he just walked away. I know I could have gone to Jordan, but I screwed up, not just with him, but with the whole Baker family. I know I wouldn't be welcome in their home. Lelia broke up with me and is with Spencer," he rambled. He took a deep breath as he took a couple of steps towards me. "You're the only person I have left in my life, Y/N. I didn't know where else to go."

Could I do this? Could I hide a boy - a very handsome and vulnerable boy - in my bedroom from my parents until he can figure something out? My brain was telling me this was a terrible idea. So many things could go wrong, and things could get messy, but my heart was saying something completely different.

I let out a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding as I stared deep into his eyes. I swallowed hard and listened to my heart. "Stay as long as you like. We'll figure something out."

****

Author's Note: After finally seeing the mid-season finale, I came across this idea and I think it could be turned into another mini-series that follows the second half of the season. What do you think? Let me know if you want to read more of the "New Roommate" series.