2.5 - Asher Adams

A/N: I made several minor changes from the show to fit with Y/N's character. I tried to make it less "Olivia". Enjoy!

***

JJ house was filled with almost the entire school, except Y/N only knew a couple of people. She didn't quite understand why Layla decided to throw a last minute surprise party for the Baker twins. Everyone knew their mom canceled their birthday bash, because they were both grounded after Jordan wrecked Olivia's car.

Everywhere Y/N looked people were making out. JJ started this crazy version of Hide-And-Seek called "Hide and Go Get It". Everyone knew the game was an excuse to have sex. It wasn't a game Y/N was interested in. In fact, she didn't want to be here. She only came because Asher texted her to come.

She weaved in between people in the crowded hallway until she finally reached the living room. She thought the living would would be a safe zone, but it wasn't as multiple couples were making out on the couches, against the walls, and even on the wooden coffee table.

If Asher doesn't show up in the next few minutes, I'm leaving, Y/N thought to herself. It was also her birthday today. No one else seemed to remember, which she wasn't surprised by. The Bakers were popular and their birthday parties have always been the biggest party of the year. So, naturally, everyone was focused on this surprise party Layla and JJ planned for the Baker Twins. A small part of her was hoping Asher invited her to celebrate with her, but that small flicker of hope was starting to burn out.

The kitchen was completely trashed with empty alcohol bottles and dirty Red Solo cups everywhere. Y/N took in a deep breath, remembering how dark her life was a little over a year ago. Although she was blacked out most of the time, she never forgot about what happened the previous night the morning after. Y/N made a lot of mistakes in the past, and she regretted most of them, but overcoming her addiction and alcoholism by going to rehab was the best decision she made. She refused to let all that hard work disappear with another sip.

"Not enjoying the party?" Layla asked.

"Well I can't leave the kitchen because it's the only place no ones trying to make out with me. It's purgatory," Y/N answered with a half-smile. She really wanted to get out of here. This was turning out to be a shitty birthday and the night is almost over.

"Too bad Spencer hasn't shown up," Layla voice was laced with venom before she took a sip of her drink.

"What?" Y/N asked confused. She never showed any interest in Spencer. Was Layla too drunk to know what's happening right now?

"Well, he's single now and Hide and Go Get It would be the perfect chance for you to make your move. Although, if he came in and saw you alone with all this booze, he might try to send you back to rehab."

Y/N stumbled back, completely taken by surprised by Layla. She was popular, always happy, cheerful, and nice to everyone. Y/N's past wasn't a secret from the school. She had to miss a couple of months due to rehab, but she never thought Layla of all people would throw her past in her face.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Y/N asked angrily.

From across the living room, Asher had just walked into the party. His nostrils was immediately greeted with the smell alcohol and and weed. Although she had been doing so well, he knew it would be difficult for Y/N. He scanned the crowd and his eyes immediately landed on Y/N. She looked hurt, but more pissed. Layla looked furious and taking her anger out on Y/N. Although he didn't know what Layla was angry about, he knew Y/N wasn't at fault. Y/N was too kind to hurt anyone and their feelings.

Asher made a beeline to the kitchen and just when he was about to ask what's going, Layla walked up to him and kissed him. Y/N stumbled back as a pang of pain washed over her. It was hard to watch knowing Asher had a history with Layla. He once loved her and truthfully, Y/N didn't know if Asher still had feelings for her deep down. First loves are usually hard to get over.