Part 5: I Don't Love Her (Asher Adams)

Warning: Contains spoilers from last night's episode

"Hey!" I turned around to see Jordan walking towards me with a huge smile, instantly making me smile in return. "I'm surprised you're here."

"Why do you say that?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, I know you aren't exactly a fan of Asher right now..." Jordan trailed as he slipped his hands in his front jean pockets.

I nodded as I looked away from him, not sure exactly how to respond to that. It was obvious he knew something was up between me and Asher, but he didn't know the whole truth. If he did, Asher would be a dead man.

My eyes landed on Asher at the poker table with Lelia. A few feet away from them I noticed Olivia talking to Spencer, probably warning him about the dare chips. I couldn't help but wonder if the last party Asher threw was the one where everything happened.

"This was a mistake," I said as I turned on my heel and headed back towards the front door.

"Hey," Jordan grabbed my arm and stopped me. He turned me around to face him. I batted my eyes and looked away from him. I couldn't let him see the tears forming in my eyes. "Let's go for a walk, okay?"

I nodded as we walked out of Asher's new house. The music and noise from the party faded the further we got away from the house. It wasn't until we turned at the corner when Jordan stood in front of me and stopped me.

"Look, I know we're not exactly close, so don't freak out with what I'm about to do, okay?" Jordan cupped my cheeks and brushed my tears away with the pad of his thumbs. He let out a sigh before he pulled me in for a hug and held me tight.

I only knew Jordan because of Asher. We hung out plenty of times, but we were never close. We never hung out by ourselves and Asher was always with us. This was the first time we'd ever been alone and it wasn't awkward or something to freak out about like he thought it might be. In fact, it felt right. It felt nice and safe. It was the comfort I needed. After everything that happened since Asher told me the truth, I felt more alone. I had no one to talk to. I didn't have a shoulder to cry on.

I wrapped my arms around Jordan's lower back and hugged him back. I buried my face in his chest as I let out a few more tears.

His hand rubbed my back. "It's gonna be okay," he whispered.

I chuckled before I pulled back to look at him. "You don't even know why I'm crying."

"I may not know exactly why, but I definitely know who you're crying over," he answered as he looked into my eyes. The serious in his eyes told me he knew enough. I pulled away from him as he said, "Asher."

I bit my lip, unable to say anything. What was there to say?

Jordan chuckled. "I've been around long enough to know you're in love with him." His smile faded. "And he's stupid for not loving you back."

I swallowed hard. "Jordan..."

Jordan turned around and took a few steps towards the wooden bench. He sat down and patted the space next to him, signaling me to sit next to him.

"You know when I first met you, I had the biggest crush on you," Jordan smiled as if the memory replayed in his mind. "My crush on you grew every time Asher brought you to hang out with us. When I told Asher you were cute, he told me you were off limits. I thought he was joking, but then suddenly you weren't hanging out with us anymore. I assumed it was because he was secretly in love with you-"

"Jordan, why are you telling me this?" I asked as my heart dropped to my stomach. I didn't know where Jordan's story was going as I had never heard of it before. Asher had never mentioned anything.