3.8 - Asher Adams

The last customer walked out of the double glass doors. Spencer locked the doors and flipped the closed sign that hung on the window. He turned around to see Y/N cleaning the bar's countertop. He smiled as he walked towards her.

After Vegas, things we're definitely weird and awkward at first between the two. Y/N left him hanging after he confessed his feelings for her. She was afraid they would never be friends again. Eventually, they gradually became friends again as she didn't ignore what had happened.

Being broken up from Asher made her realize a lot of things about herself, including being honest with herself, speaking up, and never being afraid to express how she really feels. That's exactly what she did.

Like always, Spencer understood and respected her honesty that his feelings wouldn't be reciprocated. Y/N was afraid they wouldn't move on and forward from it. She shouldn't have doubted herself when Spencer has always been a great guy.

Although we were closed, Jordan, Asher, and Frausto were hanging out by the pool table. As Spencer walked around the bar, he told Frausto, "I just need to help clean and close up. It shouldn't take long."

"Hey, I got this," Y/N told Spencer. He had mentioned earlier during their break Coach Baker was forcing them to have a Boys Night, hoping it would help them bond for the stake of their team.

"No, I can't let you do this all by yourself," Spencer protested.

"It'll be fine. You guys can play pool, bond over which Fast and the Furious movie is the best one while y'all trash talk in between."

Spencer rolled his eyes. "Everyone knows the first one is the best movie out of the whole franchise."

Y/N smiled at him. "Agreed, but seriously. I got this. There's not much to do."

"Okay, fine, but I'll do the trash before we all leave. I don't want you going to the back alley by yourself," he bargained.

"Deal."

Once she was done wiping down the counter top, she made sure all the coffee machines were turned off. She double checked if any of them need to be refilled with coffee beans and the powders for the morning. Next, she opened a new box of packages of plastic utensils and put them in the bin next to all the to-go order items.

While she was doing all of this, she could hear the boys having a good time. As expected, the boys played intense pool games and kept betting more money after each game. For a while, Y/N assumed Spencer was purposely losing and hustling his two good friends, but nope. Him and Frausto were truly terrible at playing pool. It had nothing to do with them not being friends, let alone trusting each other. However, it was fun to watch them bicker and trash talk. They finished their games at the same time as she had checked off everything on the list of closing duties on the clipboard.

As promised, Spencer took the trash bags out and threw them in the big dumpster behind the restaurant. Y/N was about to say good night to all the boys when Spencer mentioned a new game for him and Frausto to win their money back. Y/N was a bit nervous to see Spencer and Asher standing in the middle of the empty street with a cup on the top of their heads. Asher looked extremely nervous and she didn't blame him either. Jordan hadn't exactly been cleared to play football yet.

Y/N tried her best to fight back her laughter when Asher ducked down shortly after Jordan threw the football towards him. She failed miserably.

Asher stood up and he had a smile on his face when his eyes landed on her. "Oh, you think it's funny?" He chuckled. "Why don't you come up and try it?"

Y/N immediately shook my head. "No, thanks. I'm not getting in the middle of this guy's night of male bonding," she teased. Asher grinned at her as he walked towards her. For some unknown reason, she took a step back away from him. She couldn't explain why she did that. She cleared her throat. "I should get going."